Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS : New Aero Sheene tumbled cxl cordovan

Big7

One of the Regulars
I am selling my custom Aero Sheene that I took delivery in winter of 2019 .
It is in a new condition, I never got a chance to wear it, beyond trying on and taking pics in it for a forum, as the weather was getting quite cold by than.
I love this jacket, every part and every detail of it, but unfortunately it is a bit to long. It is 26.5 " body, but I would be more comfortable in 25" or 24.5"
I just tried it on again, thinking that I will finally get to wear it this year, but it is just to uncomfortable for me in the back, where it is over my backside
I could send it back to Aero to alter it, but with a shipping both ways and alteration, I think I might save some money if I will try to just sell it here, and reorder it in a correct length.
Now, for this jacket.
First of all I have a big threard with lots of comments and pictures, so feel free to explore
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...jacket-custom-aero-sheene.96072/#post-2502812
If you are to lazy to read it, here is some details about this jacket :)
I opted for tumbled cxl, which was a good call, as it is very comfortable from the start with all of the properties of the regular heavy cxl FQHH .
Here are the specs:
STYLE- Aero Sheene (Café Racer with Highwayman Collar) with single “V” yoke (no shoulder
gussets and no interior kidney panel and no exterior kidney panel), Three-Pocket front (left side
horizontal chest pocket and two handwarmers) and Olive Drab stitching.
SIZE- 40 with 1 inch added to each side (this should widen the waist to 20.5-21 inches)
LEATHER- Heavy CXL FQHH
COLOUR- Tumbled Cordovan
ZIPPER METAL TYPE- Antique brass Talon main zipper (Sunburst box) with antique brass ball
and chain pulls on chest pocket and handwarmers
LINING- Patriot Talla Waverley Tweed (2528C/PRT/TL) wool lining with black cotton sateen in
sleeves
SLEEVE LENGTH- 25 inches (fit jacket is 26.5 inches)
BODY LENGTH- 26.25 inches (fit jacket is 26.25 inches)
INSIDE POCKETS- Left side vertical interior pocket with no closure

I'm 5'8 " 180 lbs, 43 chest, 36 waist
I am asking $1050 shipped con us. I have paid, if memory serves me correctly close to $1250 with all of the upgrades. So you will be saving some money, and no wait to get it made.
BCTTbt1.jpg

zuEWSgD.jpg

Ts3DsN1.jpg

DjKix0s.jpg

XvAT3if.jpg

Big7

One of the Regulars
Good luck . However, looks like a 'perfect' fit to me. I sure don't see how it is too long and covering your backside. Beautiful jacket for sure.
If you look at the 4th and 5th pictures, take a look at the very bottom of the jacket. Do you see how it is rolling up last two inches or so ? That is was I am talking about. As the jacket is fairly heavy and stiff, it is rubbing against my sides and backside when zipped. It is not a major thing, but with a custom jacket, I want it to fit me perfectly.
If it does not sell, I will send it to Aero for alterations, if it does, I will just reorder new one

....Sorry, the bottom looks normal to me. IMO a custom made shorter jacket would look imperfectly too short. Yet if you prefer the 'up over your belt' style, this jacket should sell pretty quickly.

Big7

One of the Regulars
I don’t prefer over the belt jacket , but I do prefer comfortable jacket . It’s hard to judge without wearing it. With two inches off or so it will still cover the belt, it will not look to short, just like I took 2 “ of standard sleeve size and it’s just right

Bad ass jacket man. At 5’8” 26.5” is too long to wear zipped. I get that. That’s about how I spec mine and I’m 5’11”.

technovox

One Too Many
That is simply a work of art! The bottom front fit looks perfect. But I see how the back could feel a bit long. I've been there with a Sheene- it took me 3 tries to get mine just right. Unlike other jackets, there's absolutely no wiggle room for error on a Sheene. If it's not the perfect fit you're looking for, it's better just to move it along.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Just amazing!! Really beautiful there, just wish the sleeves were 1.5" longer! GL with sale, such a work of art there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails