Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS New Spearhead Militaria A2 Seal Brown Horse Hide sz 46

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I ordered a Spearhead Militaria A2 in Dark Seal Brown Horsehide off of E-Bay. From Singapore, and made in China. Since they had said they run snugly and I wear a 42, I ordered a 44. This jacket is too large for me. It is more like a 46. I thought rather than send it back right away, I would see if anyone in the crowd would be interested. It has been reviewed by Thor. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...-China-Monarch-A-2-repros&highlight=Spearhead

This is a decently made jacket for the money. PM if interested.

Here are the measurements:
Pit to Pit: 25"
Shoulder to shoulder 20"
Length base of collar to end of waistband 26 1/2"
Arm length from shoulder seam/epaulet to end of knit 27"
Front wind flap top to bottom 25"
Arm hole 11"
Epaulet 6 3/4 x 1 1/2"

Price $389 shipping included.

Album of pics here.
http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q217/RobMason_photos/Seal_Brown_A2/

P1000822Custom.jpg

P1000824Medium.jpg

P1000825Medium.jpg

P1000826Medium.jpg

P1000827Medium.jpg

P1000828Custom.jpg

P1000830Custom.jpg

P1000831Medium.jpg

P1000832Medium.jpg

P1000833Medium.jpg

Last edited:

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I sent this jacket back because it was too big for me. I was decently impressed at the quality of the leather so I requested a smaller size jacket. when it arrived, it had a very strong acetone type smell. I let it air out. It fit me fairly well, a little large. But the leather had me puzzled, it did not seem the same. I then decided to try to draw it up a little with a hot water treatment, which I have had good luck with on other jackets. As I had it tumbling at low temp in the dryer, it became clear to me that this leather is very bad. Black was showing through the seal finish in places. Then I inspected inside the pockets. I don't what or how they dealt with this leather, but it seems it is dyed black, then a seal color is sprayed on. Very sad looking piece of whatever it used to be. I will never wear this jacket. What disheartens me is the first jacket didn't not seem half bad, and certainly not like this. I will post pictures later when I get a chance. Just a word of warning, for anyone ordering from this company.

I won't be able to return it, because of the treatment it has had. But I know I will never wear it. Live and learn.

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Here are pictures of the 2nd jacket sent to me. The jacket is so stiff, it stands on its own. As you can see, the color spray has flaked off of the jacket in many spots. The lining shows where bleeding of dye caused a green stain. I am afraid the only place I would wear this jacket is in a demolition derby event, or a digging a fox hole competition.
P1000995Medium.jpg

P1000999Medium.jpg

P1020001Medium.jpg

P1020010Medium.jpg

P1020015Medium.jpg

P1020017Medium.jpg

P1020020Medium.jpg

P1020026Medium.jpg

P1020027Medium.jpg

P1020028Medium.jpg

Last edited:

fl&wvmike

Familiar Face
Being that the dye is off on the high spots, I'm thinking that the tumbling in the dryer is the cause of that. I believe that it got worn off. That's a shame. Some brown shoe polish might make it presentable again. Vasoline might soften it up some too. What do you have to lose ?
FL&WVMike

PS ......... After you rub it well with vasoline, hang it in the hot sun.
You might want to do that more than once. It will be worth it !

Last edited:

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Try the polish, or even an acrylic paint if you match the color carefully.

Failing that, you have what we call a "patcher." You could even practice nose art should you desire.

Last edited:

fl&wvmike

Familiar Face
JAGUAR66 ..................
If you still have it and have not tried to fix it, what do you want for it, as it is now ?
I think that I could, sort of, fix it.
Thanks,
Fl&WVMike

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
Being that the dye is off on the high spots, I'm thinking that the tumbling in the dryer is the cause of that. I believe that it got worn off. That's a shame. Some brown shoe polish might make it presentable again. Vasoline might soften it up some too. What do you have to lose ?
FL&WVMike

PS ......... After you rub it well with vasoline, hang it in the hot sun.
You might want to do that more than once. It will be worth it !

I have tumble dryed other leather jackets, and this hasn't happened. It has to do with the way the leather was dyed black, then spray painted with a brown colored gunk. It is deceased, died, gone to meet its maker, it is no more, it is a dead A2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn