Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Real McCoy’s Buco J-100

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FS: Real McCoy’s Buco J-100

It is with great reluctance and hesitation that I offer for sale my beloved Real McCoy’s Buco J-100. The only reason I am selling this jacket is because I purchased a nearly identical Himel Kensington. IMHO, the Real McCoy’s Buco J-100 is the standard and benchmark reproduction of the iconic Buco J-100 café racer. Real McCoy's went so far as to license the “Buco” name and thereby acquire the legal right to use the Buco label and Buco embossed collar snap. The vegetable/pit-tanned, aniline dyed Shinki horsehide is stellar – robust and sturdy, yet pliable and wearable from day one (my new Kensington is also made from Shinki HH – my absolute favorite jacket leather). The jacket includes custom produced Talon zippers, all cotton thread and all cotton zipper tape. The craftsmanship and stitch work is second to none – every detail is exquisite. As I type this, I cannot believe that I am selling this work of art.

The jacket is in perfect condition. I wore it approximately ten times. I just inspected the jacket and could not find anything even remotely approaching a flaw. I should be ashamed that I did not wear it in better.

The following are the dimensions for the jacket (it is labeled a size 42, but use the below measurements as opposed to RMC's measurements):

Chest: 22 inches
Shoulders: 17 inches
Bottom hem: 21.25 inches
Back length (measured from base of collar): 26.125 inches
Sleeve length: 25.125 inches

I love the length of the body of the jacket. In my humble opinion, many café racers are simply too short. The RMC Buco J-100 achieves a better, more wearable length (e.g., it covers untucked shirts).

New, the jacket sells for $1,900 plus tax: https://standardandstrange.com/products/buco-j-100-horse-hide-leather-riders-jacket-black-b9110 (sold out in my size). I will sell my almost new jacket for $950, plus actual shipping costs and Paypal fees.

Real McCoys Buco J100 101.jpg

Real McCoys Buco J100 103.jpg

Real McCoys Buco J100 104.jpg

Real McCoys Buco J100 109.jpg

ai00344

One of the Regulars
It’s a real beauty Super and rare to see one in the classifieds. I don’t think I could make the 17” shoulders work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran