Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Straw Boater 7 1/4 J. Blach & Sons

Gene

Practically Family
Excellent vintage boater in great condition. Size is marked 7 1/8 but fits more like 7 1/4. No major issues, sweatband is still in supple shape, liner is good, only issue is the left side of the brim is tilted up a bit, more than likely from storage and I'm sure can be flattened if desired, but it doesn't effect the wear of that hat (quite handy when wearing it at a jaunt actually).

Price is $60+shipping or best offer. I take PayPal, preferably.

SANY4130.jpg

SANY4132.jpg

SANY4131.jpg

Gene

Practically Family
$55 shipped?

It's in great shape and fits very generously (it fits on my big ol' noggin, and I normally wear a 7 3/8!)

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I cannot understand why this is still here....I'd be all over it if I didn't just buy a 1928 Catalog. Whats the inner circumference?

Gene

Practically Family
I know, nobody wants this???? I don't have my tape measure handy right now, but seriously it's generously sized, and I normally wear a 7 3/8 and it's a bit snug, but still quite comfortable.

I guess I will hang onto it for awhile then, never know when I'll need it.

I know, nobody wants this???? I don't have my tape measure handy right now, but seriously it's generously sized, and I normally wear a 7 3/8 and it's a bit snug, but still quite comfortable.

I guess I will hang onto it for awhile then, never know when I'll need it.

I'd take the lack of action on this as a sign that you ought to hold on to it. The price is certainly reasonable, and it's of a size lots of people could wear. I was tempted by it myself, but I really don't need yet another hat I'd rarely wear.

Way cool, and unusual, bow style on that hat, by the way. I'll get around to crafting one like it myself one of these days. Thanks for posting the pics.

Gene

Practically Family
I know, I like the bow style a lot, it is very unusual. I think I will hang onto it after all, I've got a nice seersucker suit and bowtie that would go great with it.

Bartender, please remove!

Mountain Man

A-List Customer
Hi Guy - Sorry but I have been in transition from Ft McPherson GA to Ft Bragg NC the past few days and missed your post - if you change your mind and decide to sell this one, let me know as I would get it. Thanks - Phil W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails