Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: two top hats, 1 black silk, one grey

riothamus

One of the Regulars
I'm considering one or both of them. I'm sure the grey one is too big for me but I think it might fit my dad. I know he'll probably never wear it, but I saw him in a crappy modern one last month and it actually looked great on him. The only problem is I don't know his size. I know it was an xl cheapo and he's bigger than my 22 1/4 head.

For those that might know, any chance that black topper could be stretched to 22 1/4? Is the 22" measurement pretty accurate or was there some wiggle room?

Thanks!

Captain Lex

One of the Regulars
Since toppers are supposed to be worn higher on the head than fedoras, does the sizing reflect the circumference of a smaller, higher part of your head? Or are they labeled a size to fit the same heads that would fit correspondingly-labeled felt hats? Which is to say, does a 22" topper fit the same guy who wears a 22" fedora, even though you wear them on a different parts of the head, or does a body have to remember two different hat sizes (the horror!)?

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
No easy answer to that. Since this one is mid-century it's worn a bit lower than ones from earlier, which can have an effect. All I can say is I do my best to give an accurate measurement instead of just a hat size.

riothamus

One of the Regulars
Huh, that's a very good point... Oh decisions decisions... I should probably pass since A) he won't wear it much if at all and B) I don't know for sure if its his size. Oh well. Too bad one isn't my size. I'd love a topper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo