Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vanson Model B, black comp. weight cowhide (36)

mendelboaz

One Too Many
As much as it pains me to see this one go, I'm going to have to sell my beloved Vanson Model B. As time goes by, I cannot keep telling myself the size works for me. It's just simply too small, so it deserves a new owner.

This jacket's been on a couple of adventures for me and it looks all the better for it. That said, it's got a loooong way to go before being broken in, as is the case with all of Vanson's infamous competiton weight leather jackets. There is some real nice grain developing, however, and the leather has softened up a bit I'd say. See for yourself.

I'm asking 320 USD with free worldwide shipping.

Also comes with the zipin fleece liner for those cold winter days.

Measurements:
Pit to pit = 19 3/4"
Sleeve = 26 1/4"
Back = 25 1/4"
Shoulder = 17 3/4"

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Great deal for a great jacket...... Good luck with the sale, not that you'll need it .

You simply cannot do better than this jacket. Perfect on and off a bike. I had to let go of mine for the same reason but I'm definitely getting another one in a size 40, when the funds will allow it.

Mark

Practically Family
I like it a lot, I'm wanting a motorcycle jacket, I am a 36 too but the sleeve length is looong. My Aero HWM has sleeve length of 24" and that reaches my knuckles. Shame.

Last edited:

Mark

Practically Family
Maybe we measure differently. I measure along the outside curve of the sleeve instead of straight across the sleeve.
I'll have to double check my measurements including across shoulder length as that has a bearing I think.

Mark

Practically Family
Maybe we measure differently. I measure along the outside curve of the sleeve instead of straight across the sleeve.
Hi, just got home from work, will measure my HWM tomorrow and get back to either way. Hope that's ok. Thanks.

01flhr

One of the Regulars
Im pretty sure vanson will shorten sleaves. I know for a fact theyll shorten a body. I dont know why everyone selling these great jackets has to be so small. Im considering a new b or e if i decide not to go custom bates or z

Mark

Practically Family
Sorry Mendelboaz sleeve length just too long. If I purchased this I would for ever be bothered by it. Good luck with the sale. Thanks again.

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Mendelboaz how tall are you? These measurements sound good for me but you look way slimmer than me and in the pic I can see Id say the jacket fits you perfectly.

I might just be too short for a CR...

Pdxgeo

A-List Customer
Does it feel too tight when zipped? I am 5'7" and waver between 145 and 148 or so.

mendelboaz

One Too Many
It's definitely snug but not too much so IMO. I've just come to prefer a slightly looser fit. This jackets fit like I imagine a motorcycle jacket would fit on professional racers. If the snug moto-look is your thing, this jacket is for you. I wear a W29-W30 jeans and my chest measures 39".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran