Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS- Vintage AKUBRA SLOUCH 7 3/8 VGC

babs

A-List Customer
Hey fellow Ashevegas resident

Man if that was a Fed IV or campdraft.. Even a Snowy River maybe, I'd come right over and hand you green-backs. :) I'm over in the Cane Creek area (Fairview/Fletcher).

Very cool and interesting hat though.. I don't know that I could get away with it though. :) I like the pugarree (sorry I'm sure the spelling is wrong).

Scott

Daoud

One of the Regulars
Well, we should get together sometime and compare hats....I'm in Arden/Fletcher myself. So whaddaya mean "get away with it?" Slouches are cool hats, especially with the brim down- it's the only way I wear mine. I gave one to a friend who wears his with the brim up and a New Zealand Army badge on it but he is an eccentric kinda guy who doesn't give a damn if rednecks stare at him.

I do have a Snowy River but I gotta hang on to it- likewise a pristine(almost) 7 3/8 O.R......haven't decided if I'm going to keep it or let it appreciate.
My Fed IV I'm DEFINITELY keeping, especially now that the Oz dollar is back up.

babs

A-List Customer
Hehehe.. I just meant it's territory I hadn't charted before, but I emphasize.. "Cool hat!" :)

My collection isn't much.. I'm a newb to these hats. I'm in that stage of "I refuse to do another winter wearing Auburn, Subaru and Honda" ball-caps. :) About the coolest in my collection so far is an old Cav Edge stingy with a note from another brother Mason in Dayton Ohio. Kinda neat. I wore it at Biltmore Lodge for some work in tribute sort of to another brother who's gone on to his great reward I believe, many years ago. Mint condition with a simple pseudo teardrop bash I gave it. And a Dobb's OR clone raw brim-edge with a lot of character I think.

I would like to see your Akubra's sometime actually.. Nothing like seeing them in person to see what the fuss is about. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy