Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Fox umbrella, solid stick

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
For Sale: A vintage Paragon Fox umbrella. I was told when I bought it dated from 1907, but I have no proof of that. Its in overall very good condition. The canopy does not have any rips or tears. There is one small, pinhead size hole (see the close up), but its small! The fastener is still there but lacks a piece on the end to close with the button. It does come with the old umbrella cover, that has been restiched/repaired in the past, but is also in good condition. Its 35" long over all.

$150 shipped inside US. International PM for shipping.

383354380.jpg

383354371.jpg

383354398.jpg

383354390.jpg

383354406.jpg

383354413.jpg

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Marc, I have to confess I don't know. I bought it on a lark about a year ago but its too short for me to walk with. Not to betray my ignorance, but how could I check if its silk?

It looks a lot like a parasol for women but the paragon models were all that shape---for men and women. The extra acorns and such make it look a bit more in the parasol range. The crooked handle is not like a parasol's straight handle though so I am not sure.
It does look like it is black silk. Then again, I only have a few of these so I am far from an expert. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot