Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage Resistol Western

TPD166

One Too Many
FOR SALE - Vintage Resistol Platinum Beaver 65 western hat. It is a Byer-Rolnick era (pre-1967) hat and is a beautiful light grey/silver color in very good condition. It is marked 7-3/8 Long Oval, and fits me fine – but it really doesn’t fit me like other long ovals. The felt is very fine and thin, but somewhat rigid as expected for a western. It has a very tall crown – 5” as creased, around 6” in an open crown; brim is 3.5”. Also, as you can see from the pictures (I apologize for the poor quality – all I have with me is my camera phone) the band markings have been mostly struck over. Through the gold over-strike you can still read “Resistol Self Conforming” but “Hand Creased” was left clear. The “BR Platinum Beaver 65” marking in the front was not marked out, but the name of the store “Buffalo Ranch Western Store ????, Okla.” is covered as well. A beautiful, top-end, vintage hat overall. Asking $120 shipped in the U.S. If you have any questions or are interested, please PM me or send me an email thru TFL (email preferred). Would consider trades for vintage thin-ribbons in 7-3/8 or 7-1/2.
resistol1_zps0947e786.jpg

resistol2_zps4f8fe5f5.jpg

resistol65_zps46585162.jpg

resistol_zpsc0c314c2.jpg

resistol_OK_zpscba836ca.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic