Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funeral arrangements

I never really thought or cared about what would happen to my body after I die; scoop out the viable organs, give 'em to whoever needs them, and dump my dead carcass wherever you can. Whenever anyone asked, I'd always jokingly say, "Oh, that'll be someone else's problem," because I don't follow any specific religions, so it's a rather open-ended question. Then I met the woman who would become my wife--a Catholic woman--and suddenly plans had to be made "just in case". That never happened--not for me, nothing "set in stone", anyway--so nothing changed except I now had a wife, and she would be responsible for making the arrangements. Then, after nearly 41 years of marriage, my wife died. Her plan, in accordance with "Catholic Law", was always to be embalmed, her body placed in a proper casket, then buried in "hallowed ground". But Catholic cemeteries now allow cremated remains to be interred, so that became the new plan...for her, anyway. Got an urn, got a plot, got a marker, had a funeral, urn and ashes placed in the ground (with the proper Catholic rituals and incantations performed, of course) and covered with dirt. Done. Now I just have to find someone to do the same with my remains after I've kicked the proverbial bucket, and make sure my urn goes into the ground next to hers. As good a resolution as any other; done.

Or so I thought...

FOXTROT LAMONT

One Too Many
A life well-lived is a reason to celebrate. It’s obvious Miss Annie exemplified that.
A fitting tribute in the form of a funeral can be surprisingly uplifting. Annie’s sure was! Looks to me like she created many, many great memories for many people. Take comfort in those memories; condolences on the loss, my friend.
Thank you for sharing, Robert.
Echo this with my condolences. Annie lives in cherished memory kept sustained love.:)

Fifty150

One Too Many
A part of The 80's has passed on.

Screenshot 2024-05-12 23.24.14.png

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I testamentary fixed to be cremated and get a burial at sea to return those last remaining two handfuls of atoms I borrowed from universe.
Not being a member of any official confession anymore for some very German reasons it will be the captain then to speak some ironic last words and release my urn to the sea.
In case that should happen in the North Sea everybody on board could shop some duty free cigs and booze afterwards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff