Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G.A.Dunn & Co

John1988

New in Town
That's more difficult to say, but I would guess the latter part of the thirties. The sweatband is not stamped in relief, which was done on earlier hats. Looks to be in great condition (the onionskin/oilskin covering - a sort of cellofane - on the liner tip seems to be undamaged, which is important). I take the number on the size label to mean 6 7/8, which is on the small side, That lowers the price significantly, because the larger sizes are far more rare (and searched after). Black hats (and certainly homburgs) are fairly common and not in as high demand as fedoras/trilbies. Homburgs in other colours fetch higher prices.
Thank you for the information means a lot what price would you sell it at if it was yours ?

John1988

New in Town
That's more difficult to say, but I would guess the latter part of the thirties. The sweatband is not stamped in relief, which was done on earlier hats. Looks to be in great condition (the onionskin/oilskin covering - a sort of cellofane - on the liner tip seems to be undamaged, which is important). I take the number on the size label to mean 6 7/8, which is on the small side, That lowers the price significantly, because the larger sizes are far more rare (and searched after). Black hats (and certainly homburgs) are fairly common and not in as high demand as fedoras/trilbies. Homburgs in other colours fetch higher prices.
Thank you what would you sell it for if it was yours ?

Thank you for the information means a lot what price would you sell it at if it was yours ?
That's hard to say, John. Homburgs in black (and in a fairly small size) are not a very popular style. The box adds to the value, but I would not expect it to fetch more than about 40 to 60 quid. I own quite a lot of homburg hats and most of the black ones I bought for less than that.

John1988

New in Town
That's hard to say, John. Homburgs in black (and in a fairly small size) are not a very popular style. The box adds to the value, but I would not expect it to fetch more than about 40 to 60 quid. I own quite a lot of homburg hats and most of the black ones I bought for less than that.
Thank you for your help and time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo