Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G-Men Never Forget

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
And you shouldn't forget the wonderful Republic Serials. We just watched 12 chapters of this exciting Republic Serial, from 1947, and it starrs "Clayton Moore"' who later became the Lone Ranger.

This is a great film, good special effects, and all the men wear beautiful fedora hats, that mostly stay on during their many action packed fist fights, gun battles, car chases, and explosions.

You can't beat these for pure simple entertainment, and enjoyment of the 40's look, cars, suits, women's clothing, and hats. The acting is not bad for a "B" picture, and Republic had some of the best.

We have several in our collection and many many of these classics are available on Amazon.com

Our other titles, such as "Manhunt in the Afican Jungle" starring Rod Cameron (this one is almost an Indiana Jones with Nazi's al la 1943) and "SPY SMASHER" which has speed boat chases, gun fights, fist fights, explosionns....you name it.

This is the type of stuff that inspired Speilberg to do Indy series.

And did you ever notice in these serials that for the many fights, explosions, and people getting shot, the bad guy escaping, and the good guy jumping out before the car goes over the cliff...

...not one police report gets written, not one attorney shows up, and they just run off to the next fight leaving a pile of bodies and bullet holes everywhere!!!!

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yes...

I agree. it is fun to watch about 30 minutes ..which is about 2 or 3 Chapters.
You have to "review" the previous episode when you go to the next chapter, remember these were shown at the local movie theater on Saturdays , so you had to wait until next week to see the adventures continue.

But, the hats, clothes, and B-picture action is so much fun. They shoot it out, and punch it out, there are explosions...

Hey! Who said it has to be a "Dreamworks" "Spyglass" quality? It's B film noir at it's best!!

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
^^Bump
Yeah, Republic was the best when it came to serials, although Mascot was king in the late-'20s/early-'30s. The reason those fedoras usually didn't come off during fight scenes is because they were held down by rubber bands...I need to get a copy of G-Men Never Forget.

Pompidou

One Too Many
^^Bump
Yeah, Republic was the best when it came to serials, although Mascot was king in the late-'20s/early-'30s. The reason those fedoras usually didn't come off during fight scenes is because they were held down by rubber bands...I need to get a copy of G-Men Never Forget.

While you're awaiting your shipment, you can watch a good chunk of them on youtube. Here's a link to episode 1/12. If 12 is the whole set, then you're in even better luck.

[video=youtube;7YG6ASmTo5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YG6ASmTo5U[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn