Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G1 "The Martin Lane" in 46

4444Design

One of the Regulars
Since i al ways liked the design of the G1 and the earlier variants over the design of the A2 flight jackets i started looking out for them.

Originals are still relatively easy to find and depending on size and age affordable.

I'm a 46 in G1 and meanwhile we are getting in "thin air" concerning availabilty or "real" ones in such a relatively large size.

The latest addition to my collection arrived a few days ago:

G1 "The Martin Lane" contract dated 1968 with patches that indicated the jacket belonged to a squadron member of "The Pukin Dogs" which have been operating from the USS Constellation in the Vietnam conflict.

The jacket came "as is" with the knittings in remarkably good shape for a 55 yrs old jacket, zipper works well and the overall condition is pretty good.

yfyZk7A.jpg

8rJ7WHw.jpg

L0EeJ2y.jpg

SEZYrUv.jpg

e40D8HH.jpg

The "connie-patch" could possibly be from the 1970ies because the USS Constellation was previously name "CVA 64" (attack aircraft carrier) and was later renamed/repurposed into "CV64" multi-purpose aircraft carrier
7f6Kehj.jpg

PacpWYN.jpg

PUKIN DOGS FIGHTING 143
kv0BZcY.jpg

ZejgStc.jpg

LJsNAMa.jpg

There is a similar version available from EASTMAN - well - still a repop ...
h9EmxMM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner