Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gangster/ G-man firearms

Michaelson

One Too Many
The Smith Model 27 N frame .357 mag was introduced to the public for sale in 1935, so you're in good shape if you stick to that particular model. As was said above, they were pricey, but Smith still couldn't keep up with the demand.No one else made them until after WW2. The same thing happened in 1955 when they introduced the .44 mag. Expensive as heck, but the waiting period from order to delivery was almost a year!!! Regard! Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Something about that is familiar, but I'll be danged if I can say why. I've always heard it called the 27. Pre-war Smiths adopted the numbering system not long into the 20's. The old Military Police model, introduced in 1898 was changed to the model 10 about that time, so the number system was in place by 35. Regards! Michaelson

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Brody, you do CAS maybe you can explain this to me. I have always wondered, why on Earth double-action or semi-automatic guns are banned from it? Same with bolt-actions, I have never seen one of those used although I am not sure they are specifically banned.

As a reenactor, it seems senseless to ban weapons which were quite common during the period. Then of course, most of the SASS/CAS people I have seen so far are farby as hell anyway even without the senseless ban...

Are there any authentic CAS people out there? Because from what I have seen, CAS/SASS is sort of like the SCA only with guns instead of swords.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Well... I hate to say it... But

There is a lot of Farb!! I hate to admit it, but there is. I'm personally not one to point the finger at folks. But some just don't get the picture. But then again, who am I to tell them how to have fun.

There are very few of us that actually get into the historical aspect of it. NCOWS is also much more strict on their clothing and such. Some of my group are reenactors and above all avoid the farby approach.

Though I luv to shoot, it has become quite commercialized.

SCA?? That's the renfair stuff right??? Actually CAS is more like a modern IPSEC shoot only with the different hardware. Unfortunately with the politics and crying and everthing included... I just shoot!!

As far as what weapons they let to be used... It's probably because of their pistol caliber guidelines. I'm told that there are thousands of shooters and it has become a huge "family" sport. Which is fine when it comes down to it.

Check out the SASS website for the answers, I 'm a shooter and care less about the whys and such. Especially when I have to worry about being killed at work every day. My off time is mine to have fun.....

Brody

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda