Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen's Shoes

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hi Boys! I found this link to custom men's shoes that have a vintagey look from what I could tell. I thought you all would like to take a peek. I don't know if this has been posted before and if it has my apologizes.

http://www.otabo.com/

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Gotta love the blues... Thank you for the post...:eusa_clap

spectatorwingtip2.gif

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Sharpetoys... I would love to see someone rock those blue wingtips! I would love to see a man pull them off in pink even more so! That is a bit more 50's, but still, very stylin' to my eyes.

Tony... Hahaha that's not what IIII hhhheeeaaaarrrrr... :-D

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I had my feet scanned by them when i was in Chicago. Bit pricey though custom made. I don't quite know if I am ready to order a pair. I'd go two tone.

it would cost over 500 bucks for what I want.

Your foot goes in a box and then they turn on the lazer beams.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Matt Deckard said:
I had my feet scanned by them when i was in Chicago. Bit pricey though custom made. I don't quite know if I am ready to order a pair. I'd go two tone.

it would cost over 500 bucks for what I want.

Your foot goes in a box and then they turn on the lazer beams.
Wow! That is the modern equivalent of the Golden Era practice of using X-Ray machines to see how shoes fit. My mom told me stories about this. Interesting to see it revived, sort of.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
that's cool.
I can't afford them, but I really like that pair of shoes. Very classy looking.
I'd go with the creme.

Right now, I'm waiting out an auction on a pair of spectators. I've got such a weird shoe size (12 B) that vintage stuff just doesn't show up that much.

Marty M.

Vendor
Custom Kicks

LolitaHaze said:
Hi Boys! I found this link to custom men's shoes that have a vintagey look from what I could tell. I thought you all would like to take a peek. I don't know if this has been posted before and if it has my apologizes.

http://www.otabo.com/

Thanks for the lead Lolita Haze. We've been comtenplating a custom shoe program. We'll check them out.
Marty M.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I called them around a year ago to inquire about their Custom program and found that it was actually Made to Measure as no individual last is made for the customer. The scanning process simply helps directs them to their closest fitting stock last. And, IIRC, the shoes could not be resoled due to their chosen production methods. BTW, the fellow I spoke with was the founder, he'd previously been president of a major manufacturer of athletic shoes.:rolleyes:

Marty M.

Vendor
Tomasso said:
I called them around a year ago to inquire about their Custom program and found that it was actually Made to Measure as no individual last is made for the customer. The scanning process simply helps directs them to their closest fitting stock last. And, IIRC, the shoes could not be resoled due to their chosen production methods. BTW, the fellow I spoke with was the founder, he'd previously been president of a major manufacturer of athletic shoes.:rolleyes:

Interesting information. So other then styling, is there any other reason to buy them over an off the rack shoe company that has a good inventory of shoe like an Allen Edmonds?
Marty Mathis

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
It would depend...

Marty M. said:
Interesting information. So other then styling, is there any other reason to buy them over an off the rack shoe company that has a good inventory of shoe like an Allen Edmonds?
Marty Mathis

...on your feet. Hypothetically, if you have unusually shaped feet -- particularly one larger than the other -- it would give you a far better fit.

The fact that you can't resole them shouldn't be too concerning. I have a pair of Johnson and Murphys I've had for over 10 year and I'm on the original soles. I've added sole savers to them and replaced them a few times along with the heels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner