Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gents: Do you feel comfortable with a woman who is taller than you?

Do you feel comfortable being in a relationship with a woman who is taller than you?

• Total voters

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
One of the great things about being of average height...I'm 5' 10"...is that during the last forty years I've dated women both taller and shorter than myself. I liked the tall women cause they could hand me suff out of the kitchen cabinets that I couldn't reach. I liked the short women cause they didn't bump their heads in the forward berth of my boat. Truthfully, I couldn't care less which they are, just so long as we get along.

AF

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Yea I'm with Edward on this one what difference does it make,isn't it kind of like asking if you'd date a Blonde Brunette or Red Head?Oh you're so wonderful and you're everything I've ever dreamed of but I have to dump
you cause you're just to tall.........really guys?

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Speaking hypothetically, of course, since I am happily married, I like tall women just as much as short women. I'm 6'2" so there are few women taller than me anyways, but if a woman was slightly taller I'd be fine with that.

My wife is the perfect height; my chin rests on the top of her head when I hug her, which is awesome :D

Asienizen

One of the Regulars
I am 6'2" barefoot, so I have met a few women who are my height, but none that were noticeably taller. The few tall women that I have known well were all quite beautiful. A question I've asked women is, "Would you date a fellow who was significantly shorter than you?" most said no.

BigBoiBrady

New in Town
I don't think I have ever met a woman taller than me before in my life, and I'm about 6'4. A woman taller than me would practically be like an Amazonian.

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
I used to date a lot of the leggy models from my old art school when I was younger. I'm only 5'7" tall, most of them were at the very least, 5'9" tall and up. It didn't bother me a bit and I found the experience novel enough. My fiance however is much shorter than me, she's only 5'2" tall, but I fell in love with her because of her personality (and her Amazing good looks, let us not forget to mention, along with her grace, elegance, and charm and kindness). I could go on. But I'll probably end up even nauseating myself. Ha!

Aerojoe

Practically Family
A question I've asked women is, "Would you date a fellow who was significantly shorter than you?" most said no.

I was thinking the same :) This thread should be re-titled; Ladies: Do you feel comfortable with a man who is shorter than you?

To be honest, I don't put my eyes on taller women but it is because I think they won't be interested in a guy that is shorter than them. [huh]

Anyway, If I had to date a taller woman I'd do with no hesitation. Life is hard :D

Evan Everhart

A-List Customer
I personally think from my own experiences, that the question of a taller woman feeling comfortable with a shorter man is all dependent upon the man's attitude in the situation. If the man doesn't look at himself as a product of his own physicality but rather as a dynamic individual of great intrinsic value as a human being, then everyone else will treat him as such, and not as a short, tall, average, fat, skinny, handsome or ugly man, but simply as a Man amongst men and often times, amongst boys.

In short self-possession and confidence are key to social interactions and relationships as in everything else in life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic