Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German belt back, patch pocket jacket

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jacket-German-vintage-belted-back-1930s-30s-1940s-40s-GJ14-/281210420360?pt=UK_Men_s_Vintage_Coats_Jackets&hash=item4179727c88

About a size 38 (I think).
dsc00985.jpg

dsc00990.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Too military for my taste. The inside pockets look unusual for German tailoring, more British or American. I think it is rather unusual for a German jacket to be a 3 roll 2, isn't it? Also, note the belt. Only the ends are attached.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Everything is typical for a German jacket. Except that it is a flapped four pocket jacket, it is identical to mine.
The 3-2 lapel roll was not that unusual and can be done by ironing depending on the inlay.

SAM_4126.jpg
SAM_4132.jpg

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I think the more common inside pocket treatment would be like this:
BlackWhiteGermanSuit2.jpg

My impression so far was that German 3 button jackets had usually a flat pressed lapel similar to many British suits and that the 3 roll 2 was more common for US suits.

The loose belt is typical for German sports jackets, I agree.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I noticed the inner pocket style was different to the style I expected to see in a German jacket. The other two belt backs they are selling have the inner pocket style as shown above by Rudie.

Out of interest: Fastuni - What style are the inner pockets on your jacket?

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
The interior pockets are "piped", just as on the specimen in the first pose. I have seen plenty German jackets with most different interior pocket treatment. Fabric piped, lining piped, cut inside the lining, fabric tongue etc. The latter certainly is the most elegant, but the other variants are not seldom.

These Klepper raincoats are grey BTW.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred