Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Please opinion on this leather jacket fit

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You can never have only one!

I wish I could be one of those guys who picked up a GMT-Master from the PX in the 70s and never took it off.

(Mind you, at least part of that isn't because of hobby tendencies or greed, or even how affordable they were then. New watches with their blingy trims and finishes designed to never age will never end up evolving with the wearer even as an only watch.)

Madhouse27

One of the Regulars
I think with a little tone up around the middle, your jacket would fit perfect. Nothing like a slightly snug new leather to help renew your fitness goals.

I really like the 642 and 643 patterns and prefer the look of the silver hardware over the bronze on the 689. I’m wearing a 44 in most things these days and have kind of long arms so I haven’t dared going down the Schott Japan road.

Reactions: DPR

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
I wish I could be one of those guys who picked up a GMT-Master from the PX in the 70s and never took it off.

(Mind you, at least part of that isn't because of hobby tendencies or greed, or even how affordable they were then. New watches with their blingy trims and finishes designed to never age will never end up evolving with the wearer even as an only watch.)

Yes. I’ve entertained the idea of getting a NOS mid-80s Pepsi for a long time. In the end I couldn’t get myself to pay the mark-up on the current model…

Aloysius

Yes. I’ve entertained the idea of getting a NOS mid-80s Pepsi for a long time. In the end I couldn’t get myself to pay the mark-up on the current model…

Yeah I’ve often thought the same. Takes you out of a bit when you realize that the inflation adjusted price of Rolex sports watches through the 90s is cheaper than Tudor’s price point today! (It’s actually even lower than that because before 2010, it was extremely common to receive a big discount when buying, but my comparison is of retail price.)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Yeah I’ve often thought the same. Takes you out of a bit when you realize that the inflation adjusted price of Rolex sports watches through the 90s is cheaper than Tudor’s price point today! (It’s actually even lower than that because before 2010, it was extremely common to receive a big discount when buying, but my comparison is of retail price.)

True this! Bought an new Explorer II in or around 2012 and got 10% off. In 1995, a Pepsi was still under EUR 3.000. AND you could just walk into a shop and buy it. It’s now EUR 11.000. Theoretically… ;)

Aloysius

True this! Bought an new Explorer II in or around 2012 and got 10% off. In 1995, a Pepsi was still under EUR 3.000. AND you could just walk into a shop and buy it. It’s now EUR 11.000. Theoretically… ;)

And it didn’t have a movement that even Rolex employed watchmakers say is a ticking time bomb… :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff