Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Get Low

Trenter

New in Town
This movie deserves a bump. It is highly recommended for the loungers. I watched at the theatre last night and would love to watch it again. Next time I´ll pay closer attention to the finer details in costumes and set design. I´m no expert on the style of the thirties but the atmosphere created fot this movie blew me away. The next time I´ll shut it off before the final "Hollywood ending" though.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Finally got some quiet time to get to watch this one without distractions. Yet again, another moving film. Well written, expertly acted and the costuming solidified it. Robert Duval is a master, and Bill Murray, well who knew he had such depth as a dramatic actor while sprinkling in some comedic moments. You really feel Felix Bush's pain and weight throughout this film. Just a well told story all the way around.
Yes, it does move a tad slow, so if you're in the mood for a slower paced film that holds ones interest this is it. I would recommend this film for sure.

If you have missed this one for some odd reason go watch it, rent it or buy it, but it is worth watching, even if it is to only see the great costumes, cars & set pieces from the early 1930's. Makes one want to either recreate or find vintage pieces to wear everyday and find an old car from the late 20's to drive. For me I dig on this film and make no apologies for it. Worth seeing at least once.

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thought this was a neat outfit. Looks like it is something someone could wear while picking autumn apples or cutting down that winter Christmas tree.
2010_get_low_006.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

Finally got some quiet time to get to watch this one without distractions. Yet again, another moving film. Well written, expertly acted and the costuming solidified it. Robert Duval is a master, and Bill Murray, well who knew he had such depth as a dramatic actor while sprinkling in some comedic moments. You really feel Felix Bush's pain and weight throughout this film. Just a well told story all the way around.
Yes, it does move a tad slow, so if you're in the mood for a slower paced film that holds ones interest this is it. I would recommend this film for sure.

If you have missed this one for some odd reason go watch it, rent it or buy it, but it is worth watching, even if it is to only see the great costumes, cars & set pieces from the early 1930's. Makes one want to either recreate or find vintage pieces to wear everyday and find an old car from the late 20's to drive. For me I dig on this film and make no apologies for it. Worth seeing at least once.

Cheers!

Dan

Thanks for the review Dan, it's in my Netflix queue right now. Nice to see you back on-line.
I love Duval as an actor, and with Murray and Spacek you can't go wrong.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! Yeah, with a cast like that you can't go wrong. Like I said it moves a tad slow, but if you're not in a hurry this is one you don't need to plow through. For me the costuming really made it.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou