Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting dinner home

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I hope nobody finds this unpleasant, I think it's a hoot. Up in the country you don't always have the luxury of the ideal type of transportation, so you make do with what you have, as this gentleman did. Taken in Sherman NY recently:
ATT23567238.jpg

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
I'm not even sure how I would start pedaling while carrying the darn deer. There's a logistics and/or coordination problem there ... for me at least. [huh]

Richard

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
:D He was out for a ride and got a call, "Dear, could you bring home some sweets?" But what he heard was, "Sweetie, could you bring home some deer?"

Men really need to listen more closely.

:D :D :D :D :D

Richard

M Tatterscratch

A-List Customer
LocktownDog said:
:D He was out for a ride and got a call, "Dear, could you bring home some sweets?" But what he heard was, "Sweetie, could you bring home some deer?"

Richard

LOL!

As far as getting going, maybe he put his training wheels back on until he got the hang of it...

T.

deelovely

Practically Family
LocktownDog said:
Richard
Too funny!! lol lol lol

dostacos

Practically Family
think of all the fleas and ticks that will abandon the dead cooling body for a nice fresh warm one:eek: :D

been there and done that, ticks and fleas DO NOT like horses :( which may explain why I got the fun of packing out the deer :rolleyes: :mad:

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Three Questions:
1. How did Mr. Deer meet his demise?
2. After said demise, was Mr. Deer properly field dressed?
3. If properly field dressed...what in God's name would possess a man to sling a bloody deer carcass over his shoulder and bike it home?

I guess if you went hunting for the thing, you would likely be intelligent enough to bring a truck. I don't see a gun in his hand so I imagine he was riding his bike and saw someone hit it. And given the spur of the moment incident, it's no surprise that he didn't field dress it.

I won't say anything more...but...ewww...

(p.s. Great pic dhermann1! lol )

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Yes, all the above questions SWARM around in the mind. I agree . . . ewww!
My suspicion is this: Regular shotgun season started Monday, this pic predates that. So it might have been a doe (does doe season come BEFORE regular season, or after?) or it might have been taken in BOW season, in which case this dude must be seriously muscular. Or it might be road kill, but some how it doesn't seem to be. I'm curious to see if this shot makes its way around the world and attains urban (rural?) legend status. I got it second hand from my brother, but he says it's from Sherman NY, near him in western NY.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner