Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Glacier Park Heritage Tours?

Kit Karson

New in Town
Am I the only one who has heard about Belton Chalet in Glacier National Park, Montana. Offering what they are calling "Heritage tours" this summer in honor of Glaciers Centennial? They sound absolutely marvelous! I first heard about them last summer when I myself was doing my own great lodge tour. If I would of known they would of been offering the heritage tours this year I would of put off my trip. So this is what it is folks..You are given the option of 2 different tours both following the same routes that were originally taken by some of the parks earliest visitors. You arrive at the Belton via your own mode of transport but preferable the Empire Builder to make it the most historically accurate. The description then reads you will then travel by horseback to one of the parks 2 remaining backcountry chalets depending which trip you choose to go on, be then motored by restored jammer bus, and carried aboard the Desmet on the shores of the Lake McDonald which is another of the parks original boats from the early 1920's. Hows that for a summer getaway! all meals are included and so is your own naturalist that is if you can afford the 3000 dollars. And that is why I am not on the list. lol
BUT to those of you who can! I urge you to go! because I do believe they have a few remaining spots. They're keeping both groups small and limiting them to 14 ppl.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
It does sound mighty appealing, the problem for me is not the package cost but the fact that I am in the geographical oddity known as Alaska where it costs so much more to go anywhere because you first have to get out of the bloody state.

None the less, very interesting find Kit, I'm looking into it more.

Oh and welcome to the Lounge, we're glad to have you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner