Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Global Rakutan Questions Before Order

Xopher

A-List Customer
I think Im about to go off my rocker and order an obscenely priced pair of japanese jeans off Global Rakutan but I have questions first as I have never been to this well before.

Has anyone ordered off this site before and is it safe for ordering from Japan to the USA?

What kind of duty/ customs fee am I looking at for a clothing item roughly $330?

How long does it take to get what you ordered?

What happens If I dont get my item?

Is there anything I should be aware of before ordering?

Thank you very much

EmergencyIan

Practically Family
I've ordered a handful of times and have never had any issues. I used Google translation from English to Japanese to communicate and set up the "deal" prior to placing an order. What would happen is once we communicated and agreed that they had what I needed in my size, they would send me an invoice via PayPal. Additionally, I always used EMS shipping service and it's very fast. I'm in NYC and had items within 3 days. If you're in the middle of the country it may take another two or three days, but it's not a long wait. Additionally, I've been lucky and never been charged any duty/custom fees.

- Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou