Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gone ice fishing!

Canadave

One Too Many
I'm gone until after Labour Day (just in time for the official launch of Retro Radar). Try, I'm beggin' ya, try to get along without me! ;)

David

PS When I was a kid, the candy store would post that sign ("Gone ice fishing!") during their summer vacation. High-larious!

Butters

New in Town
oh wow, dont be toooo kind. How did you know a red wool derby was exactly what i was looking for?!?! LOL

Originally posted by Butters
oh wow, dont be toooo kind. How did you know a red wool derby was exactly what i was looking for?!?! LOL

I thought it was sort of like the one in your avatar. :D The only other things I can find are cowboy hats with snakeskin bands. LOL I don't think that quite matches your style though. Black Bart Butters. LOL

Regards to all,

J

Imahomer

Practically Family
Well, I guess I'm going to jump onto your thread and say pretty much the same thing. I'm flying out of here tomorrow morning for London, then onto France and then Italy. I'll be back in a few weeks! :D

That sounds like a great trip! Only one bit of advice, be sure to see the charm of the French countryside. Paris and the like are fine but the people and sights of the countryside are great. They do not have that hate american thing going on there and it is not a huge tourist trap thus food and lodgings will be much more reasonable.
The same is true of the English countryside. The cities can be quite crowded and sometimes even dirty---depending where you are. The food well...you'll find out. :rolleyes:
Venice is a must but remember to hold your nose if you are going to go for a gondola ride. It is not quite as quaint as the movies make it look. :D The city and history are great though. The people are wonderful and friendly.
Abbia un viaggio meraviglioso! (Have a wonderful trip!)

Regards to all,

J

Imahomer

Practically Family
Thanks for the tip! I understand completely.

In England I'm staying near Kent with a friend.

While in France, I will be in Paris for a while, then going to a town where my Grandmother was from (Baerenthal) and staying in a hotel that was once owned by my Great, great Grandfather. Then off to a smaller town (Les Costes - 180 people) where my Grandfather was born and our family was for 400+ years.

My brother in law lives in Rome, so he will be my guide through Italy.

That sounds like you have everything well planned out. It is going to be a nice trip. England has relatively good weather this time of year and finding a good French restaurant in England will solve the other problem. LOL LOL Kent "The Garden of England" as they advertise it, is a great unpretentious town with some great sights to see in and around it. From mysterious marshlands and breathtaking countryside to the dramatic white cliffs of Dover, from medieval towns, historic castles and towering cathedrals to bustling seaside resorts, a lively caf?ɬ© society and contemporary arts scene, Kent has a little bit of everything. I think I am getting jealous now as I remember this. As you can tell, Kent covers quite a bit of area and is still a suburb of London. If you are in the mood you might even want to check out James Lock and Company in London since you are so close ( 6 St. James Street).
When you get back you can tell me why I end this with Vini, Vidi, Vici! LOL

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou