Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Fashion News~

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh! I agree. Now we have the "makeover" shows and show the before and after... which I admit I find very amusing. Especially when the people are rather brutal with the "patients".

Lucky and What Not To Wear both published books with similar ideas, but unfortunately you don't often see this sort of things in periodicals anymore.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Back in my feckless youth, when I read the likes of "Glamour," they had their "Dos and Don'ts" section -- which could be absolutely brutal in pointing out how ridiculous certain styles could be on the wrong types of people. I haven't looked at "Glamour" in about ten years now, but I'd imagine if they're still running that feature it'd have to take up half the magazine!!

(I always thought the way they'd put a black bar over the faces of the Dont's was a nice, respectful touch...)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
last time I read Glamour was probably 4-5 years ago and they still were running that article and still pretty brutal to some people, I remember some of the outfits were hilarious!
jeans: I have the hardest time finding a pair that looks good on me, I've got two things going against me...short waisted, so the high waisted ones won't look good on me either, and I'm short, so, most jeans I try on there's another couple of feet it seems like:eusa_doh: With learning about vintage clothes, I have so much respect for the 30's and 40's...the clothes were beautiful and the ladies looked classy. I do hope there is a want in our society to return to that instead of the street hooker attire I see on most women these days

Rosie

One Too Many
jitterbugdoll said:
Tis true--children may be taking their cues from what the stars are wearing, but their parents are the ones buying the clothing. I distinctly remember my mother showing me what did and didn’t look good on my figure, and her drawing the line at too short of skirts and shorts! Had I been in my teens currently, I know she would have not allowed me to walk around sporting 'muffin top'--she would have instructed me to pick out the right size jeans :)

\:

So very true! Imagine my horror each year, and yes, I am horrified each year when summer comes 'round and my NINE YEAR OLD students come strutting into the classroom wearing halter tops and short shorts :eek: !

I'm NEVER able to understand that.

As someone earlier said, sorry I forget who, my mom taught me how to dress when I was younger, she taught me which clothes went with my figure, how to accentuate my womanly attributes without looking..... you know........

I've always been a larger than average woman but everyday, someone tells me how great I look, even from women that I think are GORGEOUSLY dressed. Along with this J.Lo and MTv style of dressing, many of our young ladies have lost respect for themselves, thinking that dressing in that fashion makes them "sexy" or "desirable". It's sad. I know I'm way :eek:fftopic: I'll stop now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn