Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good news. Time to celebrate a little.

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Well, I'm in the middle of getting my Master's of Science in Education and I'm celebrating because I'm officially the recipient of a full scholarship to Indiana University for a Master's of English with specialty in English as a New Language. Happy, busy days ahead. I'll still spell words wrong and get out of syntax, but hey, I'll be one step closer to Ph. D or Ed. D. Not that I think they mean anything, but that will pull me closer to becoming a university professor.

Dahlia

Familiar Face
Hey, congratulations! Full scholarships are wonderful and definitely not easy to come by. I wish you the best as you move forward on achieving your goal :clap .

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Way to go, Robert! :cheers1: That will help immensely! I received some funding as a teaching assistant, but still had to pay tuition, which meant more loans. :cry: But a full scholarship is great! Congrats. You'll be glad you went back for your Master's. It's worth it.

I'll be reeaaalllyyy glad to be finished with my MA once I have my thesis defense next week.

Brad

Renderking Fisk

Practically Family
Drinks are on me!

Johnny_Thumb.jpg

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Congratulations, Bob! Nothing like making an investment in yourself that will also reap benefits for others. Good luck to you as you continue to move forward! :cheers1:

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Nah, not smart at all. I always back into things....sort of like Gump.

I'll be taking a lot of linguistics and English together...both ends of the spectrum...one tells you why all is okay, and the other tells you to be a stickler for rules.

I'm an educator. Remember, I couldn't do anything else. Those who can't, teach. Right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo