Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Good Wear Leather 21996 A-2 Jacket 42/44

andrewrivas

New in Town
I recently purchased this jacket and despite my desire to keep it, the fit simply doesn't work for me. Originally listed on the Good Wear Leather second-hand page, I've copied the information below. The jacket hasn't been worn out since these pictures were taken due to the poor fit so the condition is identical. Taking best offers via PM.

==========================================
Leather: Horween pigment dark seal brown chrome-tanned horsehide
Knits: aero-red older wool
Thread: light brown cotton
Zipper: reproduction M-39 Talon
Size: 44

Jacket dimensions:

Front along zipper23"
Front chest under arms23.75"
Back width under arms24"
Back height25"
Shoulder width20"
Sleeves, from shoulder to end of cuff 24"

This jacket is a very early model Good Wear reproduction of an Aero W535-AC-21996 A-2 jacket. The jacket was made in 2007, and has years of use in it, and the horsehide has taken on a very cool patina. The wear is only from regular use. The horsehide is from the very first batch we had gotten from Horween back in 2007, and was a very dark color.

The jacket had a size 44 label, but that was removed at some point. The jacket may have been hot water treated, as the sizing seems a bit smaller than when it was new, but we don't really know what had been done to it. The lining was stenciled by John, as it was a test-fitter for him back when it was new.

The label and knits are earlier iterations, compared to what we now use. The leather is superb, not stiff or heavy, and is also no longer offered (though the idea is tempting). The jacket is clean and free of any odors.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Ah, I can't PM you (too few posts perhaps?). Interested in the GW Aero though, what is the weight of the jacket please?

andrewrivas

New in Town
How accurate of a measurement are you looking for? I don't have a scale that would work for just the jacket, it looks to be just under 4 lbs if I wear it and step on and off a scale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic