Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear Monarch A-2: Size 46, Virtually unworn.

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Goodwear Monarch A-2, veg tanned, aniline dyed, light russet horsehide, size 46. A simply beautiful and stunning jacket. Unworn except for trying it on. Still smells new. $850 shipped in the US.

For reference I am 5'8" and 165 lbs with a 42-43" chest. The jacket is just a little too big everywhere, particularly the upper shoulders and chest.

Pit to Pit: 24" back, 24.5" front.
Shoulders: 19.75"
Zipper/Windflap: 24"
Back to band: 22.75"
Back total: 25.0"
Sleeves to cuff: 23.5"
Sleeves total: 26"

Last edited:

Juanito

One of the Regulars
I would also be willing to trade up or down for Eastman, Aero, Goodwear, or original A-2s in an approximate size 44.

Let me know what you have!

The jacket that fits me best has this set of measurements (Goodwear United Sheeplined tagged a 46):
23.0": Pit to Pit
18.75": Shoulders
22.75": Zipper/Winflap
23.0": Back to band
25.5": Back total
22.5": Sleeves to cuff
25.75": Sleeves total

The biggest difference between the USL and the Monarch is in the chest 24.5" vs the 23" and the shoulder width of 19.75 vs. 18.75. Who would know that 1 inch in the shoulder would make such a difference.

Juanito

One of the Regulars
Why did you purchase this size jacket? At your size I dont understand!

I bought it based on my Goodwear United Sheeplined A-2, size 46 as well as my other originals at size 46 wich fit me well. Yes, in hindsight I should have asked for specific measurements, but I assumed it would be cut to a wartime 46, which fits me well. Actually this would probably fit well if the shoulders were an inch narrower.

In any case, it'll be a bargain for someone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy