Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwill record album jackpot!

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I was a kid in a candy store during a visit to my local Goodwill this week. They had just put out stacks of records and I was the first to go through them.

They charge 75 cents an album and the cashier wanted to charge me 75 cents for each record in each of these 78 rpm albums. I informed her that each WAS an album and that their sign said 75 cents an album. I convinced her.

album1.jpg

I have a lot of Frank Sinatra LPs in my collection, but haven't seen a few of these. I bought a couple that I already own because these were in nearly mint condition.

album2.jpg

Here's a variety...Judy Garland, Peggy Lee, Lena Horne, more Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman. WAIT! How'd KC & The Sunshine Band get in there?????

album3.jpg

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Quigley Brown said:
I was a kid in a candy store during a visit to my local Goodwill this week. They had just put out stacks of records and I was the first to go through them.

They charge 75 cents an album and the cashier wanted to charge me 75 cents for each record in each of these 78 rpm albums. I informed her that each WAS an album and that their sign said 75 cents an album. I convinced her.

album1.jpg
Swee-ee-eet! Nice Work (if you can get it), Mr. Brown. That "Glenn Miller Story" set on 78s, that was from 1953, 78 copies of that must be scarce, most everyone was converting to LPs and 45s by then (I have the 10-inch Lp with same cover).

Stan Kenton is a Favorite! His 40s stuff is the Best. Often as intriguing as Ellington or Monk.

Swing High,
- C H

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Looks like a swell find!
One thing I like about vintage albums is the graphics. Not only did they have great music, but they also had great covers to match. I especially like the Stan Kenton album with that nice warm cover that let's you know it's cookin'!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace