Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gorgeous Old Knox Stingy w/underwelt Brim 6 7/8

scooter

Practically Family
I recently acquired this old Knox Premier stingy brim fedora and would like to pass it along to someone here on the lounge. Please do not be alarmed by any perceived flaws you might think you see in the pictures, for this hat has not a single flaw that I can find. I found it at an estate sale, and would love to keep it, but it is MUCH too small for me. It belonged to the lady's father and she thought it dated to the fifties, probably last worn in the early 60's as her father passed in '68. I do not wish to misrepresent, so if any of you more knowledgeable members know better, please don't hesitate to correct me.

It is a 6 7/8 Knox Premier stingy center dent with an under welt brim, jet black, comes in it's original box, and includes a lovely old matching red bow tie that was in the box when I opened it.

I would like to get $80 plus shipping for this old beauty.

Edit: I have been informed that I incorrectly listed the hat as a Homburg. My apologies, and corrections have been made.

IMG_1135.JPG

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1141.JPG

Last edited:

carldelo

One Too Many
Nice lid, although regrettably very small. FWIW, it is a stingy-brim fedora with a center dent crease and an underwelt brim, not a homburg. If you can change the listing title to describe the hat more accurately, you will do better with the sale.

scooter

Practically Family
Price drop

Price drop- $65 plus shipping. Let's move this thing to someone who can wear it.

Last edited:

Luckie

New in Town
I wear a 6 7/8 but I'm looking for a summer hat. Although Winter will be here soon. I'll have to check my hat budget for the month as I recently bought a 50's straw Dobbs in the box, flawless for 45.

scooter

Practically Family
Well, if you have interest in the hat, let me know. We can negotiate on the price. It's too nice a hat to be sitting here in my closet when someone could be wearing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80