Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grail Hats...Part one

MattC

A-List Customer
A grail hat is a hat for which you searched...a hat you knew you had to have...here is my first entry...an off white Borsalino....ever since I saw Matt Deckard's first post about his bone Borso, I wanted to find one. A few months back, I bid on an off white "open road." And it turned out to be an off white Borsalion with a Cavanagh edge. I knew what I had to do...off to Chicago it went, where it lost its thin brown ribbon and acquired a marroon bow. Graham restyled it as a classic C crown, and here it is...its a bit lighter than it looks in these pics...

Mattchats

Mattchats

Mattchats

Mattchats

Mattchats

I love that it comes from the "Wise Hatter" in Miami.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congrats

Very nice. I like the ribbon selection, too.

I'm guessing from the inside shots that it's a 1960s
hat. What do you think? Well within the era of
quality at Borsalino.

Thanks so much for sharing and enjoy!

MattC

A-List Customer
Age and all

Thanks for all the kind words....I'm not too sure about age...it has the things I connect with the great Borso days...the little vent under the sweat in front and a cloth size tag, buttery felt...60s could be right..

moustache

Practically Family
My grail hat....

would be a tobacco/darker brown coloured Borsalino from between 1935-1945.
A halfsize ribbon with 2-1/2 brim and 4-1/2" to 5" crown.
Still looking for such a creature.But the Dobbs that Johnnysan shows in his Dobbs#3 post is getting awfully close!!!
Ahhhh someday!!!!

JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran