Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey Fedora Sought...Vintage Borsalino?

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
charlie farley said:
Rick,
I forgot to ask, what lids did you get from hornets?
I like their first Fedora and the Knightsbridge.

Hiya Chaz.

I got both the foldaway & the Adventurer... and I'd do it again!
There is a thread over at COW in the Fedora section that first tipped me off as to Hornets & there is quite a lively discussion over the strengths & weaknesses of the Adventurer.

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Rick Blaine said:
Oh... [huh]
yeah, I think that is all they carry, are Christys'... never mind.

I DO think you will like this, though. I have had both the Akubra & the Lagomarsino "crushable" fur felts & this Christys' is my hands-down favorite. I have also had a few "featherweights" but this is really, really remarkably lightweight. Almost wearable in a Tennessee summer... almost.

Yes, I think you are right; I recognised many of the colour names and then further down they had my very own Knightsbridge:

001-5.jpg

It's a nice hat, and I like the contrast band. However, Herald and Heart's "Mason" remains my favourite:

003-3.jpg

It should retail for about £5-10 more that the Christy.

I suspect that the Adventurer is the same hat as my former "Indy":

Picture182.jpg

If so, I will have to think carefully about getting one, as I found the crown too high for me.

Bassman, I'd be very grateful if you would share the response from Hornet's regarding your query about bands.

Anthony.

Bassman

A-List Customer
Anthony Jordan said:
Bassman, I'd be very grateful if you would share the response from Hornet's regarding your query about bands.

Anthony,
In response to my question about whether a light grey Knightsbridge can be ordered with a black ribbon, a Mr. Justin Davies of Hornet Hats replied...
"Yes it can. If you order, I can make a note against your order that the ribbon should be black for you. That is no problem. "

If you order one before I do (...and I'm in no hurry), please post pictures.

tom78

New in Town
Anthony Jordan said:
Yes, I think you are right; I recognised many of the colour names and then further down they had my very own Knightsbridge:

001-5.jpg

Looks great - very Purvis in Public Enemies!

Which colour is that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael