Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey Herringbone Plus Fours Suit

Mike1973

A-List Customer
knickerbockersuit006.jpg

'Ahh! That one!' I hear you all say! Yes, this is the one I put up for sale a couple of years ago, but I was talked out of selling it by fellow Loungers!

Well I've now had the suit over 4 years, and I've never worn it, other than for these photos!
And I don't see me finding the opportunity to wear it either, so time to move it on.
I mentioned I was thinking of selling it in a thread by the Baron in the Spring. A few dibs, but finances/house moves/size issues/lucky Irvin purchases have put them all out of the running, so here it is again! I am not 100% sure of it's date. It looks very '30's in it's cut, but could be up the '50's, maybe even later? I've included a photo of the label, Southwell's of Hull.
All buttons match and appear to be a mottled grey plastic?

Size -
I am 5' 8 1/2"
37" Chest
32" Waist

knickerbockersuit008.jpg

The jacket fits me well in the body, but a little short. I let the sleeves down just over an inch, and these could be put back to their original length very easliy, as nothing was cut, just unpicked.
Length of the back is 28" from the base of the collar. And across the back from the top of the shoulder seams is 18 1/2".

plusfours021.jpg

plusfours020.jpg

plusfours023.jpg

Some fading/staining on the liner.
mothholes005.jpg

the plusses are a little large on me. They do fit, a little loose, but not baggy. They are very high waisted with a fishtail back, external buttons for braces. Again, they would probably fit someone a couple of inches shorter than me better, and 'bag' over the knee better.
From the crotch to the top of the back is nearly 19". Inseam is 23". Length down the outside seam is 36". Across the waist 17".

plusfours019.jpg

plusfours018.jpg

mothholes003.jpg

plusfours016.jpg

There are a few small moth holes I'm afraid, I've tried to photograph them all. Nothing too serious I suppose, and the herringbone hides them a bit. I'll post them up in the next post, I think I've filled my 10 picture limit in this thread.

General consensus of opinion was that £150 was a fair price?

Any questions please ask and I will answer as promptly as possible. As for postage - I've no idea off the top of my head, been a while since I posted larger parcels and I don't like to guess. I'll look into it.

And I do paypal, if you don't mind picking up the charges!

Regards,
Mike.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Mike1973 said:
knickerbockersuit006.jpg

'Ahh! That one!' I hear you all say! Yes, this is the one I put up for sale a couple of years ago, but I was talked out of selling it by fellow Loungers!

Well I've now had the suit over 4 years, and I've never worn it, other than for these photos!
And I don't see me finding the opportunity to wear it either, so time to move it on.
I mentioned I was thinking of selling it in a thread by the Baron in the Spring. A few dibs, but finances/house moves/size issues/lucky Irvin purchases have put them all out of the running, so here it is again! I am not 100% sure of it's date. It looks very '30's in it's cut, but could be up the '50's, maybe even later? I've included a photo of the label, Southwell's of Hull.
All buttons match and appear to be a mottled grey plastic?

Size -
I am 5' 8 1/2"
37" Chest
32" Waist

knickerbockersuit008.jpg

The jacket fits me well in the body, but a little short. I let the sleeves down just over an inch, and these could be put back to their original length very easliy, as nothing was cut, just unpicked.
Length of the back is 28" from the base of the collar. And across the back from the top of the shoulder seams is 18 1/2".

plusfours021.jpg

plusfours020.jpg

plusfours023.jpg

Some fading/staining on the liner.
mothholes005.jpg

the plusses are a little large on me. They do fit, a little loose, but not baggy. They are very high waisted with a fishtail back, external buttons for braces. Again, they would probably fit someone a couple of inches shorter than me better, and 'bag' over the knee better.
From the crotch to the top of the back is nearly 19". Inseam is 23". Length down the outside seam is 36". Across the waist 17".

plusfours019.jpg

plusfours018.jpg

mothholes003.jpg

plusfours016.jpg

There are a few small moth holes I'm afraid, I've tried to photograph them all. Nothing too serious I suppose, and the herringbone hides them a bit. I'll post them up in the next post, I think I've filled my 10 picture limit in this thread.

General consensus of opinion was that £150 was a fair price?

Any questions please ask and I will answer as promptly as possible. As for postage - I've no idea off the top of my head, been a while since I posted larger parcels and I don't like to guess. I'll look into it.

And I do paypal, if you don't mind picking up the charges!

Regards,
Mike.

If only they were a smidge bigger back then.

Mike1973

A-List Customer
One day left on ebay, good people of the Lounge! Finishes tomorrow night! The ebay Gods are favouring the buyer at the moment, not the seller! :D
Get yourselves a bargain!

Bump ;)

Mike.

Mike1973 said:
Right, it's been here for a couple of weeks with no takers or offers, so I think my price may be a bit optomistic...

So now on ebay for a much more tempting £39.99 :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180394587499

I'll let the Gods of Ebay dictate the final price :D

Good luck if you decide to bid, you might get a bargain now ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo