Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

grosgrain ribbon source

pointystuff

New in Town
I'm looking for a mail-order source of grosgrain ribbon hat bands 1" or 1 1/4" wide--and big enough to go around a 7 3/8 noggin.
Any suggestions?
The plan is to convert a brown Stetson cowboy hat into a fedora, but
finding a hat band has proven difficult so far.
Thanks,
Brad

art92101

One of the Regulars
Grograin Ribbon

Try Optimo Hats in Bisbee AZ, they are on the net. They have some vintage ribbon along with some classy colors. They can make you a superb band with bow or knot of your choice.

zeus36

A-List Customer
Try Larry's Hats in Albuquerque:

Larry's Hats
3102 Central Avenue Southeast, Albuquerque, NM 87106

(505) 266-2095

I've been to his shop and he picked up a ton of NOS ribbon, every color (some I've never seen) except black, and quite a variation in widths. I'm taking an Open Road Stetson to him this weekend for a nice fat ribbon. He does mail order.

pointystuff

New in Town
source

art92101 said:
Try Optimo Hats in Bisbee AZ, they are on the net. They have some vintage ribbon along with some classy colors. They can make you a superb band with bow or knot of your choice.
Thanks,
Brad

Marc

Vendor
Remember to specify real hatband when ordering from Schiff. Otherwise you'll get their 705 pattern - which is too coarse for a hat grosgrain ribbon.

Regards,

Marc

pointystuff

New in Town
ribbon sources

pointystuff said:
I'm looking for a mail-order source of grosgrain ribbon hat bands 1" or 1 1/4" wide--and big enough to go around a 7 3/8 noggin.
Any suggestions?
The plan is to convert a brown Stetson cowboy hat into a fedora, but
finding a hat band has proven difficult so far.
Thanks,
Brad

Thanks for all the info. on ribbon sources.
Regards,
Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR