Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Growing out an asymetrical cut

Heather

Practically Family
The last time I got my hair cut, I had her cut it into an asymetrical style (google Frankie Sanford) & while I really liked it at first, I'm now having second thoughts. Prior to this I had a short stacked bob that was super cute but I got tired of blow-drying my naturally wavy hair. Last week I was considering a pixie to even it back out but now I'm thinking it might be less hassle to just grow out the shorter side. (I had a pixie last fall & winter). I have a headband that hides the style but wondering of anyone has any suggestions on how to make it look more vintage? I could probably pin curl or hot roller most of it but the stacking in the back will prevent me from doing anything from the occipital bone down. I just realized I haven't done any vintage styling with my hair in a year! Anyways, any suggestions or advice would be appreciated!

Alice~

One of the Regulars
Daisy and Myrtle's headband styles from the latest Gatsby film sprang to mind when I read your post - I wonder if you might be able to achieve that 20s look?

Jay-Gatsby-and-Daisy-Buchanan.jpg

A Vintage Vanity did a great tutorial for Myrtle, Vintagious posted one without curling, too.

Good luck, I hope you can find something you like. A pretty, vintage headscarf might be your best friend! :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21