Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guerra Hat

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Good afternoon gentlemen!! I have been on the Lounge page for a couple of months and frankly have learned a lot from you knowledable hat fans!!! After getting my wrist calloused from surfing Ebay, I dedcided that I would try and apply some knowledge gleaned from you gentlemen and try a brand new hat that no one else has sweated in. I am not willing to foot the cost of a new Borsalino(new ones are not that good, right?), so I found where Miller has their own imported line from Guerra. I ordered a Salento in gray to fill the spot I had made for my Gray Borsalino which didnt work out on ebay. I will try and get some pictures provided Im not too embarrased by the hat when it arrives. In the meantime, can someone say good things about Guerra? It might make me feel like I did the right thing. I'll start it out; At least the first person to wear it isnt dead...............(yet!!!!).

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I go into the Miller showroom/store about once a month or so, about everytime I go into Houston. Guerra hats are nice enough, the felt is soft and dense. The sweats seem to be generally good. I don't see anything wrong with them. They don't really seem to be better than Stetson for comparison.

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Holy Cow Batman!!

No better than Stetson? Ive got a closet full of 20.00 Stetsons. Surely they must be better than the X word. By the way, are you the G. Shep. man? :beer:

Prairie Shade said:
It might make me feel like I did the right thing. I'll start it out; At least the first person to wear it isnt dead...............(yet!!!!).

Ah but wearing the hat of a dead Senator has its privileges. If I can't be the Senator then wearing his hat is the next best thing. Same for presidents and other famous people. :p
Interesting ly the name of your hat means War if that helps any. :p

regards to all,

j

hatflick1

Practically Family
SEARCHING FOR GUERRA

I have been on-line a lot looking at Miller fedoras but find no imported line. Is this local to Houston? Any way I can check these out? As for Salento, is that a Czech made fedora? I think I saw one f these at Berkeley Hats once ad that's what the owner told me. Thanks!

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
hOLY cZECH bATMAN!!!!

I found them listed under the Borsalino page as Millers Italian Line of Hats. You could also call the retail store I guess. I had heard of them thru the Lounge and thought since I was a long way away from a new Borsalino, I would give them a try. I like mine very well, perfect fit, good soft felt.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Czech, please

PrairieShade, thanks for the info. Clearly, I am thinking of a fedora brand that's sorta like Salento that I know I saw at Berkeley Hats and was made in the Czech Republic. Not a bad hat at all, either. Next time I'm up there I'll czech it out. Okay, it's been a long day. I'll show myself out.

hatflick1

Practically Family
Selentino Hats...Not Salento

Okay, at the risk of kicking a dead horse, Selentino Hatters have their fedoras made in Italy, Poland and the Czech Republic. For what it's worth. Bar's open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles