Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Guitars

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Here's my "beater"

It's a 1958 Gibson LG-0. It has a replacement bridge, and someone did an awful re-lacquer job on it, but I love it all the same. It really gets that percussive Sun Records acoustic sound.
IMG_0939.jpg

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
Nice!

Nice old Gibson, from their golden age. Is that the original finish, do you know? Buddy of mine has one from the same year in a sunburst, and had to have the bridge re-glued also. The old horsehide gives way after a half-century, it seems, but that's pretty good.

I'm not at a machine with my pics available, but I've got a '52 Gibson L7-CN that I love dearly as well.

BTW, I'm a new guy here. I was looking for a 'practice forum' to run my post count up to 15, but couldn't find one mentioned in the FAQ...guess you practice out in the open here? Don't want to hijack the thread.

Cheers-- GC

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
Kyser

One other thing, is that an 'engineered' Kyser capo I see on the stand there? I've got three of these, each chopped off and/or rubber cut away to use in combination or with alternate tunings. Looks to me like yours is maybe cut short as well? Could be the monitor's playing tricks...

GC

simmonsgc

Familiar Face
Quiet...

Gotten pretty quiet here on the ol' guitar forum. I'll pull some insurance pics off an old CD and upload them as soon as the semester's over. Got a '95 Olson SJ acoustic (Jim Olson, luthier in MN), '91 Strat Ultra, '52 Gibson L7-CN, and a few others. Pics to come!

Cheers,

GC

MCPRE

Familiar Face
My Gretsch 6120W in the guest / music room. This is the same room in the year-old video on youtube (above):
GTR1.jpg

That decor is WAY too cool, it just wreaks of Jazz and Snazz or maybe the Blues!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Maton & Friend

The first thing I saved up and bought when I got my first real job was a 1980 Maton Coolibah acoustic. Since then it's been all over the world with me and remains the most mellow sounding guitar I've ever played. Maton no longer make this model with its gumleaf trim and leather pick guard.

On the left in the first pic is my noise toy. Being an acoustic player I had a hankering to play an electric but didnt want to invest too much. The Epiphone Les Paul fits the bill.

The astute among you will notice there's an Akubra box under the tree. It's my son's present. Sssshhhhhhhhh.

Merry Christmas all.

SDC10432.jpg
SDC10433.jpg
SDC10434.jpg

chrismak

Familiar Face
I will post some pics after Christmas.
In my collection is a Lucille signed by BB
A stage played Clapton Strat
A stage played Jimmy Page Sunburst
and an acoustic played by John lee hooker before his death.

Gotta love looking at all these amazing guitars.. beautiful!

The "Martin D18" Authentic

Hello fellow pickers,currently playing a new D41,upgraded,Waverley gold butterbeans,Greven pickguard,fossillized walrus ivory bridge pins sounds pretty good after about 4 years of breaking it in.Anyone given the D18A a try,and do you think it commands the 6000.00 or so price tag?

Bassman

A-List Customer
Some guitars for sale

Not sure if this should go in the Cassifieds section, but I wanted to alert you folks that a good friend of mine has three axes he's looking to sell:
'78 Les Paul Custom -black with white binding on neck and body
'89 US Vintage 52 reissue Telecaster -clear butterscotch?
'98 B-Bender Telecaster -black
All are "all original".
These are in NE Pennsylvania, pics will be difficult to obtain but not impossible (the guy's in the sticks and doesn't even have one of those computer things so getting pics might take some time), but if anybody is SERIOUSLY interested, I'll try to get some pictures for you.
PM me with any questions and I'll forward them.
Happy new year!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm having a custom Tenor built by Matt Artinger in in PA.
The body will be based on a Martin 1-18, done in flamed sapele.
2martin5stringsful.jpg

With more of a fancy banjo-style headstock, tenor neck, and finish along what he has on the updated o-style below, only a bit more aged. It should be a very interesting little guitar.

Here's a taste of some of his other work.

styleoweb1.jpg

10th2web.jpg

And if you want to see more, take a look at http://artingerguitar.wordpress.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo