Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

mattface

Practically Family
They look really good - you judged the fit well.

Thanks, they turned out to be exactly what I hoped they would be, which is quite simply my new favorite pair. I've never owned denim of this quality before and I'm hoping they will last me for years, and that the company also lasts so when they do wear out I can get more. I'll definitely get a second pair when I can afford it.

Moonshine

New in Town
Good stuff! Too bad (for me) that the cool stuff is for little guys... (Most everyone is little when you're 6'-4" and approx. 350 lbs...)

mattface

Practically Family
Good stuff! Too bad (for me) that the cool stuff is for little guys... (Most everyone is little when you're 6'-4" and approx. 350 lbs...)

Send them a note. 38 is their current top waist size, but I know they have had requests for larger, and the more requests they get for larger sizes the more likely they will be to offer them.

Moonshine

New in Town
Send them a note. 38 is their current top waist size, but I know they have had requests for larger, and the more requests they get for larger sizes the more likely they will be to offer them.

Already did and they're sticking with the initial sizing for now.

On a side note I did find a great maker to "build" me an awesome pair of Cone Denim jeans to my exact measurements - Jerry Lee's Hoosier Built. Check him out...

mattface

Practically Family
Already did and they're sticking with the initial sizing for now.

On a side note I did find a great maker to "build" me an awesome pair of Cone Denim jeans to my exact measurements - Jerry Lee's Hoosier Built. Check him out...

Wow, that guy makes some gorgeous stuff! I love this Hickory stripe jacket! http://hoosier-built.blogspot.com/2012/05/more-hickory-stripe.html

Also after browsing his blog I have wicked sewing machine envy! Just favorited his etsy shop.

P.S. your stuff is beautiful too Moonshine!

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
Thanks, Matt! And yes, Jerry does do fantastic work!

I am really in love with that jacket. he was ready to sell it to me for a good price too, alas it is too small. I might have him make me one some day when I can afford it, his prices for custom work are really quite reasonable.

Did you get your jeans yet, and if you don't mind my asking how much does he charge for a custom pair?

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
What's the heaviest denim these guys use? Mattface - diggin' those jeans man!

They've currently got a 16oz Cone denim up, and recently had a 16oz Japanese denim, but I think they've done at least one 18oz denim in the past, and they are putting up new stuff all the time. I really liked the Sixteener Japanese sixteen oz with red ID. Hopefully they will do more of that one.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I just received my "The Dark"'s. A Lighter weight 12 oz. dark indigo with a green/brown weft. I like them and for the price they seem worth it. The fit is much more comfortable than the Wrangler 13mwz's I've been wearing, mainly due to the smaller rise I think.

Photos:
IMG_6267.JPG

IMG_6268.JPG

IMG_6248.JPG

IMG_6247.JPG

IMG_6246.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

The 36" inseam for size 38's is a bit excessive for short fat guys like myself but I probably will leave the thick rolled cuffs as is for the moment due to laziness. In case anyone's interested, the size 38's, when new, fit about the same in the waist as a size 40 pair of Wrangler 13mwz's.

Edward

Bartender
They look like great quality denim, if a bit narrow in the leg for my tastes. A waist that low would drive me crazy, though.... can't abide anything with a waistband lower than my navel (though I much prefer an inch or two above). If they did do something more in the Freddie's / Evil Denim / LVC vintage line of things, though, I'd definitely check them out.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They seem to be adding to their product line relatively quickly. They started selling direct to the public earlier this year with just one model of jeans. Now they've expanded to belts, wallets and added a slim fit model of jeans. Next week their adding shirts so maybe if they get requests, in time they'll add more. Who knows what the future will bring.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I emailed Gustin earlier this month asking whether it would be introducing any vintage workwear style jeans, with a
higher waist and a looser fit.

Here's the answer: "It's not something we're working on yet, but definitely not inconceivable that we'd do it in the future."

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
Weargustin.com has now started offering shirts, currently a gray Oxford and an organic selvedge chambray, a blue Oxford already sold out.

They got me again, I backed the chambray..

winterland1

Practically Family
I was tempted for a black pair but sold out. $50 has been my max for jeans. Even have a new Levis Selvedge Ebay find for less than $50.
I guess I won't know if they are worth another $50 until I buy a pair.
The only thing besides price that stopped me was the blue line on the seat pockets. Makes me think of some type of "designer" jean. Maybe it doesn't stand out as much as it seems it does.
They do look nice and crisp, is the only word I can think of. In a good way.

Edward

Bartender
I emailed Gustin earlier this month asking whether it would be introducing any vintage workwear style jeans, with a
higher waist and a looser fit.

Here's the answer: "It's not something we're working on yet, but definitely not inconceivable that we'd do it in the future."

Given the popularity of selvedge is particularly notable in the vintage community, it would be a sharp move for them. I'd definitely consider a pair if they do that.

Cheech

A-List Customer
Gustin selvedge denim promotion... get $20 off next purchase

Hi everyone,

I know that some of you are big fans of selvedge denim. In fact, I learned about Gustin denim, an outfit out of San Francisco, here. Apparently, they just started a new, limited promotion: if you are referred by a currently registered customer, you'll receive $20 off your next purchase. For the sake of transparency, the referrer also gets $20. Jeans start at $81, so this is a great deal! If you'd like a referral from me, just click on this link: https://weargustin.com/invite_from/5840. This should take you to a registration page on Gustin's site. The $20 credit should show up once you select a product for purchase.

I'll post the text of the email from them below, just so you get the full details. BTW, I am NOT in any way affiliated with Gustin denim. I'm just an old member here who tends to read far more than I post.

Start email:

"Hey Gustin Fans-

We're launching something today that we're pretty excited about, and you get to be part of it.

One of the most important parts of Gustin is our community. Most of our new customers have found us through recommendations from other people who wear our jeans - and we really appreciate that. Starting today, we're going to reward you for bringing those friends into our circle.

Give 20 Get 20

You and your friends deserve a reward for helping the community grow.

Each friend you invite who signs up for an account gets an instant $20 credit. Very nice of you! Once your friend participates in a successfully funded campaign, they return the favor by getting you a $20 store credit. Invite multiple friends - they all get the $20 credit and your reward adds up as well. It’s that simple.

We really believe in the quality and experience at Gustin and appreciate your help building it.

Here's how it works:
1) Here's your referral link: https://weargustin.com/invite_from/5840 - don't lose this. Actually, it's okay if you lose it - you can find it again at http://www.weargustin.com/invitations
2) Share the link with your friends. We prefer to send out a personal message with this kinda thing, but if you're more of a Facebook-blasting person, or if you've got 58,000,000 twitter followers (Bieber, we're looking at you) - go ahead and post it up there.
3) Your friends will create an account through your link
4) They'll get $20 in store credit
5) Once they back a pair of jeans that's successfully funded, you'll get $20 in store credit to your account.

Pretty cool, right?

You can also invite people and check the status of their referrals at http://www.weargustin.com/invitations

This program isn't rolled out to everyone yet, just a few of you. Any thoughts? We'd love your feedback on it.

Thanks,

The Gustin Team
team@weargustin.com

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Sounds like a pyramid scheme :D

I've been very temped to give these a try; this may very well be the final straw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran