Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

mattface

Practically Family
My Heavy Americans turned up this morning and I must say, I rather like them. They are a little tight in the waist, the website says 34" for a size 33 but they are nearer 33", but I think they'll give quite easily. Quality seems reasonable, (although I haven't had a good look, I just threw them on,) for the money, IMO. All in all I'm quite happy with them!
Would I order another pair?
Yes, I think I will! :D

A quick fit pic

I think they'll settle nicely with a bit of wear.

Nice! I'm looking forward to getting my own Heavy American's, so I guess these pics will have to tide me in the meantime. The fit looks great to me. The heavier material might take a bit longer to loosen up, but expect them to do so in time.

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
My Heavy Americans turned up this morning and ... They are a little tight in the waist, the website says 34" for a size 33 but they are nearer 33", but I think they'll give quite easily.

My wife's friend recommended Downy Wrinkle Releaser to her to loosen up a pair of jeans she ordered that came in a little tight. Anyone have experience with this to get a little extra out of their jeans?

lewisskimonster

Familiar Face
Dav
I received a pair of Fifteeners that were the same. They measure closer to 33" relaxed, but easily stretch to a 34" when stretched and measured, per their size chart. I am closer to a true 35" waist, so after a week of wear, they fit perfectly.

winterland1

Practically Family
Received my Gustin belt and it fits great. Maybe a little long. 33" is what I measured but they only have 32 or 34 so I went with 34. 32 would have worked also. I think I will be trimming a few inches off. I did put on some Obernaufs to darken some as it seemed too light to go with dark jeans.
I am not sure how so many had issues with it being short. I am guessing the directions were not followed on how to measure. Just guessing don't get mad. Either that or Gustin actually sent a wrong size than what you asked for.
I measured as shown in their picture on how to measure and the middle hole lined up with the hole I usually use on my belt I measured. That is what Gustin specified. Nothing to do with pants size.
belt_measure.jpg
The buckle is a different design than the belt I have. The only complaint is that the design has the leather kind of hump up on the front. I believe it will relax as the belt breaks in. Overall it is not a big deal. I have lost weight as you can see trimming down my black belt and actually went down another hole today. Mostly because I soaked my Levis 501 Selvedge and they tightened up. They will loosen up or time to start eating more. Overall I am happy with the belt, especially for the price.
IMAG0019.jpg
IMAG0017.jpg
IMAG0016.jpg

https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/6029 link for $20 on account for signing up for those who haven't.

Last edited:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Yeah looking good. Congrats!

I got my wallet today and I accidentaly backed the saddle brown and not the natural.
There is no meaning in pictures since there are many on Gustins site, but it looks alot better in real life then on the photos. The color is great, the workmanship is very nice and its a little soft but still very substantial. It feels and looks more expensive then it is. The feeling of it was very much a positive surprise.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's some photos of The Dark by Gustin after 1 wash and almost 3 months of 4-5 days a week wear.
New:
IMG_6248.JPG

~3 Months
Cell phone showing a bit on pocket
IMG_8368.JPG

IMG_8369.JPG

IMG_8367.JPG

Griff, your belt is on the way! Enjoy. :)

Yeah looking good. Congrats!

I got my wallet today and I accidentaly backed the saddle brown and not the natural.
There is no meaning in pictures since there are many on Gustins site, but it looks alot better in real life then on the photos. The color is great, the workmanship is very nice and its a little soft but still very substantial. It feels and looks more expensive then it is. The feeling of it was very much a positive surprise.

lewisskimonster

Familiar Face
I know this is not a Gustin product, but Bullhidebelts.com offers a totally USA made belt with many options, such as leather type, including exotics, buckle choice, stitching, color, etc. I was looking for a heavy leather belt for carrying a pistol, and they offer that also. A little more expensive than Gustin, but you can get exactly what you want.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Green wefts arrived today! Was beginning to worry where they'd got to, but they rocked up this morning - well, at least, they did after I'd paid an extra £20 for handling and VAT :eeek:. Very impressed with them - I'm no expert on this stuff, but it looks and feels different from any other jeans I've got. My Freddies are the closest in terms of robustness, but not as 'dry', and more 'shlubby'.
The green weft is very saturated, a dollar bill green is the best description I've read of it. You can see it under the blue of the denim, so it'll be interesting to see how the fades develop over time.
I went with Gustin's advice and took the 29" slim fits. I know some people have found them took tight, but personally it did it for me. I'd certainly have another go at their scheme. Here are some fit pics straight out of the jiffy bag, so still a little stiff:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Great fit. I'm not sure too many of us are are able to wear the skinny fit but will say that you pull off the slim fit very well. Your new Irvin and new Gustins should be a perfect duo. :D

Look perfect Sloanie! Glad they arrived. Dying to see how my 38's fit. Trying to egg on Gustin to bigger sizes.
Interesting that green. Look forward to seeing them break in.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cheers! I have to say I'm relieved they've worked out so well - hell, where you guys across the pond find the courage to through a grand at a jacket unseen, I will never know!:D The idea of contrasting/complementary colours running in the weft is a really nice, I can see why people are into the Rainbows. I'll be keeping my eyes open for another interesting denim. Pics, people, we need more pics!!:D

wdw

One Too Many
They look good. I'm glad it worked out for you. Your new belt looks seriously chunky with them, too.

I have a pair of Heavy Americans theoretically incoming next month, so I hope they work out as well as yours have.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've been seriously lucky with my orders - belt, Irvin and jeans, all fantastic. Now, I just have to find a plausible excuse when I meet my bank manager...

wdw

One Too Many
You're almost there, glasshoppa. How's your footwear looking? I'm sensing something like Red Wings or Lennons might do the trick, and only then can you take your foot off the gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner