Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin Jeans Selvage Denim made in SF

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I ordered a pair of the zimbabwes. I actually need a few new pairs of jeans so I decided to order a 2nd pair. So I went to their site to put the order in and see they also have the Okayamas up again, which you guys all seem to like. So now I'm torn which pair to get as my 2nd pair. What would you guys do? Do 2 pairs of the Z's, or 1 pair of Z's, 1 pair of O's? The diff in price is negligable if the Z's are really that much better.
Get both. My Z will not be shipped until May. The O is my favorite denim that I have seen to this point. I second what Sloan just said.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Nice try, Mr Lip, but we have more than enough enabling going on around here without you chipping in...

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That's exactly what I said to myself as I backed the Zimbys. :D They'd better not release the carbon x brown any time soon, or I'm going postal (blue)...

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Just my 2 pairs of blue jeans, and I'll get a pair in black when that comes up again. Then I'll be set up with all my jeans needs for many years

caffeinated

New in Town
I don't post much, but I get a lot out of this forum so I thought I would post my experience with the Gustin olive trucker.

First off, it's really nice. Exactly the jacket promised. Well put together and finished. Feels heavy weight, heavier than the Filson/Levi's trucker I had.

However... I got a medium and should have gotten a large. The Filson I had was a large and fit exactly the same as this medium. I mean, this jacket fits perfectly, if I'm standing still. It's like it was made to measure for me if all I wanted to do was stand still with my arms at my sides. But this is why I sold the Filson, sometimes I need to drive and reach for things.

Also, I had a flannel shirt on under it and there was no way I was getting a sweatshirt under it. So I have to send it back.

There is also the color. This color is more green than olive. It's not a bad color at all, but just not as olive as I wanted.

For reference, I'm 5'10", 180lbs. Athletic build, large-ish shoulders. I wear an Aero Cafe Racer in 42, which fits snug, but I can just get a sweatshirt under it when I need to.

I measured the jacket's shoulders, it's 17 7/8".
I'll add a pic. I'm wearing Gustin Thirteeners in 33 straight int he pic.

20140327_160841.jpg

I suppose I could sell it. Anyone interested can PM me.

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I almost bought another Okayama straight to go along with my Okayama slim. Thus far the Okayama is my favorite denim material ever but prefer the higher rise of the straight over the slim. I await my Zimbabwe and Grey Silk, both with straight fit. After another FL member made the "goodfellas" comment about the shiny Grey Silk, we'll see ... :eeek:

wdw

One Too Many
Got my Olive Trucker today, and am pleased with it. For those in the UK, the collection fee was £29, so a total of £155 inc. delivery.

andy b.

One of the Regulars
That does look good, and personally, I really like the olive color! If I had the spare cash laying around I'd probably buy caffeinated's.

wdw

One Too Many
Thanks guys. I'm always nervous about Gustin sizing, but this worked. caffeinated, I was more nervous after your post, as you're an inch shorter than me and I feel your sleeves are maybe an inch on the short side. Mine's a medium too, but I must have shorter arms, luckily for me. I'd definitely go up a size on the chore coat if I order one, as it's cut even narrower.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Eric, that jacket looks great. If I were in your shoes, I would be torn between another trucker in tan color and a chore coat. If I lived in your location rather than mine, perhaps the scales might tilt toward the chore coat, keeping in mind that the waxed cotton is very water resistant.

Cole

One of the Regulars
Hmmm...I don't realy need another pair of jeans, but since everybody here is so extatic about Gustin I just backed a pair of Slim Fit Zimbabwes to try them out.

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
Looks great and I cant wait to get my hands on mine!!!!

I got a note that mine is in the post office. I got the note in my mailbox at 2pm and the post closes at 11am. :) I will get it tomorrow. In the north we have to pay about $72 / £48 to cash it out. I did get the XL OCBD shirt for free stuffed in my mailbox last time so its ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot