Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GUYER FEDORA

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
I just won the Guyer Homburg Fedora off ebay... I bid, though I could not find any info on "Guyer". It seemed like a very nice hat, can anyone tell me if "Guyer" is an acceptable brand, or whether I just wasted my money?

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
I knew my question was week without attaching a picture or the link for viewing, but I wasn't sure how to attach the link here... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Siirous

One of the Regulars
To insert a link use the icon on the tool bar when you are posting that looks like a globe with a chainlink piece on it (it's on the same bar as the bold italic underline options). It will ask you for the the URL web adress, just copy and paste it in and it will put it there for you.

Sincerely,
Rob

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Never heard of Guyer.
I can say that "homburg" and "fedora"
are two different things, like "tricycle"
and "bicycle". That's a homburg.

There were zillions of hatters in various cities
across the US at one time. The body may
or may not have come from one of the big
manufacturers.

I'll be curious to see better pictures when it
arrives.

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
FELTFAN, Though I have several hats, i.e., western, fedora, porkpie, and now "Homburg", as you picked up on, none of it's made me any smarter... hopefully the fedora lounge and helpful members like you will though.
Thanks for correcting me.

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
Solid Citizen
I have no history with Homburgs, this ones description says it has a 2 1/2 inch brim. I like larger brims and this weighed in on my decision to bid on it. It seemed like a large brim for this style hat.

I'm thinking that I'm going to end up wasting a lot of loot before I actually get the hat collection of my dreams.

Siirous

One of the Regulars
The problem with obtaining the hat collection of your dreams is that once you start collecting, there's always one that you don't have and want to get. Right JP? :)

Sincerely,
Rob

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
D. Hats said:
I'm thinking that I'm going to end up wasting a lot of loot before I actually get the hat collection of my dreams.

Wasting? As an investment in an education (to
say nothing of the honor of curating our national millinery
heritage), it will be a trifling sum. Give yourself some time to
get a feel for the market. Bid low. Read up.

You don't say where you are from, but it would
be helpful to join a Deco society or find a vintage
store run by a knowledgeable person.

D. Hats

One of the Regulars
Location...

I live in the Los Angeles area. To be more specific, Agoura Hills, but I spend more time in the San Fernando Valley due to work and acquaintences. I work in Burbank, Ca.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou