Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Haberdashers in Chicago area

Dan'l

Practically Family
Hello FL,

I live a few hours away from Chicagao and am intersted in finding any men's haberdashers in that area. Some specific interests are hats (go figure), umbrellas, Ascots, basically the general accessories. Any suggestions or locations would be appreciated. I would like to physically see, touch, smell, etc. the merchandise before purchasing, that and mens store seem to be hard to find these days.

Thank you

Dan'l

Practically Family
Thanks for all the suggestions. The mrs. and I are planning a weekend getaway in Chicago this fall and now I have some ideas as to where I want to go.

Tomasso, thanks for the links.

Dan

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
For less expensive hats, try Hats Plus on West Irving Park Rd.

I visited last month and picked up this navy Milan Dobbs Rosebud:

jeffhat.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
There actually used to be a hat shop on the Pier, back in the day. Long time ago.....

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Dan'l said:
Thanks for all the suggestions. The mrs. and I are planning a weekend getaway in Chicago this fall and...

Dan

Le Colonial, 937 N Rush Street serves choice French-Vietnamese cuisine.
And Nicky's Grill & Yogurt Oasis, 103rd S Western Avenue-right down the street from Optimo serves choice French fries and cheeseburgers.

Just the joints to recover from Chicago haberdashery $$$:eek: sticker shock.;)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Harp said:
Le Colonial,.......Just the joints to recover from Chicago haberdashery $$$:eek: sticker shock.;)
Le Colonial ain't exactly a cheap joint.......But the joint that preceded them, was it Banquet on a Bun..........

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Dan'l said:
Harp, Thanks for the restaurant suggestions.

Dan'l

Since Padron is your cigar brand and you also favor a pipe, Iwan Ries & Co., 19 S Wabash Avenue is Chicago's premier tobacconist.
Worth a look. :cool2:

Dan'l

Practically Family
Harp posted: Since Padron is your cigar brand and you also favor a pipe, Iwan Ries & Co., 19 S Wabash Avenue is Chicago's premier tobacconist.
Worth a look.

Iwan Ries & Co. just made the to do list. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou