Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hair accessory help

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
With getting out of my 'modern' do's...what are some must have hair accessories that I should purchase? (For both wearing hair up and down?)

maisie

Practically Family
Has anyone ever bought anything off the diva pin up? As i was wondering what the quality of their products were like and what sort of clip there is to attach it to your hair? I love the butterfly and orchids hair pieces so I might get a couple!!

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
This morning I purchased from the Diva Pinup a yellow jeweled butterfly, which I can't wait to get. She's also coming out with a Carmen Miranda fruit line soon, so I'm sure I'll be a regular customer!

I'll let ya know my thoughts on the butterfly as soon as I get it.

decodoll

Practically Family
Suzanne (The Diva Pinup) is a good friend of mine, so some might think me a little biased, but in my opinion, they are beautifully made. Many clips just slide right out of my fine hair, but I've never had a single problem with The Diva Pinup flowers....and I have a lot of them! She also will be debuting her new 1920's line this Sunday. Those in the SF area might want to stop by the Pre-Gatsby Fashion Fair at Decades of Fashion on Haight and take a look.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
decodoll said:
Suzanne (The Diva Pinup) is a good friend of mine, so some might think me a little biased, but in my opinion, they are beautifully made. Many clips just slide right out of my fine hair, but I've never had a single problem with The Diva Pinup flowers....and I have a lot of them! She also will be debuting her new 1920's line this Sunday. Those in the SF area might want to stop by the Pre-Gatsby Fashion Fair at Decades of Fashion on Haight and take a look.

I just met her through MySpace. She is so nice, and I was very impressed with the flowers I saw on her website. I'm looking forward to see the product in person.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone in here use hair combs? ( I hope that's what they're called :eek: ) I've seen a few pictures of women with their hair up with them...they look beautiful, but wondering if it's hard at all to put into your hair.[huh]

Daisy Buchanan

decodoll said:
You'll get to meet her at the Queen Mary in person, Daisy. Suzanne is my +1. And yes, I agree, she is awfully nice. :)
Oh, that is great. I have been keeping in contact with her through messages on myspace. I just recently sent her an email telling her all about The Fedora Lounge and the event at the Queen Mary. Glad to hear that she already knows about it, and looking forward to meeting her.

On another note, I have a few decorated hair combs. I can only use the plastic ones. The metal is too slippery and too heavy to stay in my hair. It works better for me if my hair is curled and has a lot of product in it. When my hair is straight they tend to fly out unless I fasten them with a bobby pin.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone in here use hair combs? ( I hope that's what they're called ) I've seen a few pictures of women with their hair up with them...they look beautiful, but wondering if it's hard at all to put into your hair.

I have used them, but they don't hold my hair well (it's too heavy.) I do use barrettes on occasion though, for a change from my usual rolls.

Rosie

One Too Many
I've bought from the diva pinup and her products are great and she's such a sweet heart. Women ALWAYS compliment my Billie flowers which I got from her.

RetroMom

One of the Regulars
When I wore my hair in a pageboy, I always swept one side back with a comb. If yours slip out, try putting a bobby pin behind. Vermont Country Store www.vermontcountrystore.com, also makes some especially for fine hair, if that is your problem, as it was mine:) )

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What I use.

You should get the XL big bobbie pins, the super long ones, also the super small mini ones. They work great as a simple decoration, or as a great hold on.

I love Goodie fold clips, the ones that snap closed on their curve. I use those all the time to pin flowers in my hair. Two of those and that sucker aint movin nowheres!

I have a lot of long scarves, and square scarves. I wear both as head wraps. Today, I have a white daisy and a black square scarf wrapped around my hair thats done up in a puff. It was new for me to try this, and I reallllly like it!

Oh, and flowers, flowers, flowers!

LD

Daisy Buchanan

maisie said:
Has anyone ever bought anything off the diva pin up? As i was wondering what the quality of their products were like and what sort of clip there is to attach it to your hair? I love the butterfly and orchids hair pieces so I might get a couple!!

I just got my order from The Diva Pinup. All I can say is WOW! They are incredible. Very well made, great details. Very happy with my order. It looks like Suzanne puts a lot of effort and energy into every one. They are simply beautiful. The butterflies are amazing. The double Lilies are perfect. They are bigger than I thought they would be, but I actually like them better that way. The colors are great too. They also have great customer service. I highly recommend ordering from them. Oh, I forgot to say that these are hair clips, not actually barrette's, they are the long thin metal kind. But, they hold really well.

Rebecca D

One of the Regulars
I got my butterfly last week, and it's even better than I thought it would be! The quality is really unusual, especially in comparison to the cheap "rockabilly" nonsense that's sold out there - you know, the cheap looking flower glued to a crappy barrette sold at a crazy high price. I would HIGHLY recommend buying from Suzanne. She's great and her stuff is amazing!

And just to go on a little more about the butterfly, it's SOOOOO pretty! I'm almost afraid to wear it because it may suffer the same fate as all of my hair flowers, that is, covered in hairspray and eventually retired to my bathroom trash can. But I'm sure I will wear it, and often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran