Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Color Touchups

aallred

New in Town
I recently (Tuesday, today is Thursday) colored my hair black at home. In the light it looks like some spots are a bit lighter (mainly around my hairline, and a bit in my bangs).

You can't really tell but it bothers me. Is there some kind of wash I can put through my hair to get those light spots? Or am I better off waiting a few weeks and dying again? I just don't want my hair to fall out!

Thanks again ladies!

MissHannah

One Too Many
Just dye it again straight away - it won't make your hair fall out! If you're nervous, use a semi-permanent.

Annichen

Familiar Face
I used to have black hair many years ago and I used 4 boxes of dye the first time...same day.
My hairdresser said they had never felt softer hair when I went there to get extensions a few days later..so,just dye it again ;)

Also,moist toweldry hair, not too wet or completely dry because it makes it harder to even out the color.
If you mix the half of the color in a cup you will have some left in case of emergency:)

aallred

New in Town
Thanks! A lot of what i'm reading online says I can dye it again soon I'm just nervous to make my very fine hair any dryer than it already is.

I have been hearing good things about Avedas Black Malve shampoo/conditioner for black hair. I'm thinking this should help maintain the dark color I'm looking for. Have any of you used this or have any other tips for maintaining black hair?

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
I use Aveda products at work and I also have dyed black hair. Black Malva is great! I love it. It will keep your black at it's blackest and very shiny. I can't use it anymore because I have a white streak now.

I think your fine dying your hair again. if it dries a little just do a hot organic olive oil treatment. Or Jojoba oil works. I think you be fine though. the best thing I've ever done for my hair was dye it.. It mad my fluffy fine strands more coarse. (But this is after 7 years of dying it.)

You could also use a demi or semi permanent which isn't nearly as strong as permanent.

aallred

New in Town
Jezebel, you have gorgeous hair and I am super envious of that beautiul white streak!

I actually work right by the Aveda Institute and picked up the Black Malva set yesterday. I used it last night and it seems to have grabbed the tiny spots I was complaining about. This stuff is great!

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Thank you! ;) I keep my white streak bright with blue malva now. I think it works so much better than shimmer lights. Our tone shampoos are probably some of the best ones out there. I STRONGLY recommend madder root for all the redheads!

aallred said:
Jezebel, you have gorgeous hair and I am super envious of that beautiul white streak!

I actually work right by the Aveda Institute and picked up the Black Malva set yesterday. I used it last night and it seems to have grabbed the tiny spots I was complaining about. This stuff is great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore