Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Happy Birthday Marines - Semper Fi!

marineabilly

A-List Customer
indycop said:
:eek:fftopic: Is there anything you need there supply wise that you can't get over there? You can answer in PM if ya want.

HOOAH!!! That's very awesome of you to ask indicop, but you'd be surprised at the luxuries we have. Hell we just got in room internet - yep, you heard right... Now, if this was 2006 when I was out here for the first time, then I'd probably take you up on that offer.

As for the history of our covers/headgear, I remember seeing something somewhere and I've been trying to find it again. I'll let you know when/if I find it.

WH1

Practically Family
Happy Birthday Marines

Today is the 233rd Birthday of our beloved United States Marine Corps. Semper Fidelis and Oorah to my fellow Marines and Navy Corpsmen who have served on the green side. Here's to another 233 years of Honor, Courage and Commitment to something greater than ourselves. If you know a Marine wish him a happy birthday and thank him for his service.
Todd

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Joseph F. Buckley USMC c.1925

2350f618.jpg

Semper Fi, Dad - Once a Marine, Always a Marine
b.02Nov01 - d.22May66

-dixon cannon

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Redleg

jpbales said:
Semper Fi Marines!

In Artillery, we like to celebrate with a bang:

FiringSunset.jpg

Sunset.jpg

Happy 233rd Birthday!

Gun's a Deuce? Mussle brake and silhouette look 102m.
Love that piece.
A belated happy birthday USMC. :eusa_clap

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
Oh, by the way, I have that "We never promised you a rose garden" poster and it's signed by Chuck Taliano welcoming me to the Marine Corps family when my husband was still in and he met him. :D

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
If I had only this photo to judge from, I would conclude that advancement into the ranks of senior NCOs gets progressively more difficult the taller you are, perhaps because yelling up at people is a more favored leadership style than yelling down at them.

Meanwhile, here's my favorite Marine recruiting poster. The guy couldn't get away with that much of a facial expression today.
Marine%20poster.jpg

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
A Year has Come and Gone: Happy 234th

Happy Birthday Mother Green
Just a note to all of you other JARHEADS
SEMPER FI
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member