Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has anyone bought from www.ukiyoesushi.com?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I found this site selling a lot of Schott clothing. Everything listed is around 50% off, so some very good deals, if it's a legit merchant. I'm having some trouble believing this is a legit site, though, due to:

1. www.ukiyoesushi.com is an odd domain name for a e-commerce site specializing in clothing.
  2. Domain was registered only on 8-22-17.
  3. A whois lookup of their domain shows it is registered to a Brenda Rodri*** (Rodriguez?) in Jacksonvi***... I think based on the partially redacted address info, it's possibly a residential address in Jacksonville, FL.
  4. Website prominently displays a Jeffery West logo on every page, instead of their own store logo, even though Jeffery West is only one of the brands they sell.
  5. They show vast quantities for everything in stock. Over 5000+ Schott 629 in stock? Did Schott even make that many?
  6. They are only set up for credit card sales. No PayPal? Seems like they might be scamming for CC info.
  7. Reading their return policy leaves me a bit underconfident in their customer service.
  8. Contact Us page only has a form to send them an email, no phone number or physical address is given.
I would be cautious about trying to buy anything from them... I would recommend against it based on my research, actually. But I'm curious if anyone has done business with them, and what the experience was.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Interesting, I have been digging further... I was interested in some of the pants that this site is selling, and they're not listed at all on the official schottnyc site. Suspicious... I then tried searching for the SKU from the e-commerce site, and found them for sale on a few websites. The first one I clicked on was for another retailer who's website looks exactly like the first one. Same layout, same text copy, everything. Prices slightly different, but everything listed 50% off, with huge quantities of stock. http://www.jeremywestdesign.com/schott-nyc-c-9.html

It looks like some bad actors are using site templates to stand up fake e-commerce sites in order to trick people into giving up their cc info.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Yes, its obviously a fake/fraudulent site.

Unfortunately its very common. I've read sometimes when you buy from this kind of site you will receive fake versions of the items on sale, sometimes you get nothing and they just disappear with your money and the site folds.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Last edited by a moderator:

Edward

Bartender
I treid editing your post to insert a space in each to see if that would kill the link - apparently not. Perhaps retyping without having them as full URLS (i.e. including a space) or "dotcom" instead of ".com" from the off might help? This seems to be one of the software changes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21