Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Bands and Pugarees

English Bob

New in Town
There is plenty of Hatchat but what about the trimmings. Does anyone know of any good internet based stock hat band and pugaree suppliers?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well, interestingly enough(perhaps?)I got a cheap Panama (low budget Cuenca)
locally a little while back, not from PanamaBob, but then I'm in Europe...
I liked the dimensions and style of it- 5" crown/3" brim and centre crease/pinch.
And the price of course(around $10)- this is my 'trial' or 'learner' model.
I reiterate- it's not in the PBob leaugue- but I like it anyhoo- better than the worst available and not an embarrassment-
My intention is to have a play with ribbon and pug'- plenty of haberdasheries and craft shops here in town. I'll post my efforts success/failure when I have achieved something and can borrow a camera. My Wife and inlaws are Indian and have 'indigenous Pugaree and garment making know-how'... we'll see...
Interesting stuff indeed!
This is what it looked like new- it has a slightly revised bash now-
Panama1.jpg

Nice hat, by the way English'!

B
T

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
I think it could work. Then again ... I'm wearing a vintage kid's beaded belt on one of my hats.

7afe824af9964884203264af0afd4c08.jpg

Here's one from Great Basin hat co. They are the first ones I have seen to put such a band on a hat, they do mostly buckaroo style, semi flat brimmed with telescope crowns. This band would be too hot for this Texas Cowpuncher that's for sure.

2fb0e61119820116fbf036f91dcde96b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou