Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Bands for Panama

Dayonfire

New in Town
Hey Everyone,

Just signed up. Good to see I'm not alone in my love of the hat.

I have a Montecristi I am having blocked and am looking for hat bands to give to my local blocker. I was thinking something patterned, to add a jaunty look to the hat, offsetting the serious suits I wear it with.

Any good resources for finding patterned hat bands I can buy individually. Small polka dots, stripes...

hee hee...I said "jaunty."

The hat, for the curious ones out there, is the Montecristi Superfino sold by The Village Hat Shop in CA. I bought it a while back, before I discovered the connections here on Fedora Lounge...forgive me.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome aboard, or...into the Lounge.

Set your hat down on the empty chair next to you and I'll pour you a cold one!

The Pugaree band for your hat can be purchased at several places. Our own Art Fawcett had some made from vintage materials. You can also obtain some from Fino Fino in Menlo Park http://www.finofino.com/index.html, or from Optimo Hats in Chicago (773-238-2999), and there is a link posted somewhere in the Hat Section where there is another source.

Here is a Cuenca hat with the red pugaree on it, and a couple of other colors I have. BTW, you can also have the ribbon sewn in if you only want one color or style, and don't want to be able to change the ribbon to match whatever you are wearing. For that, I'd call Art.

Dayonfire

New in Town
Thanks

Thanks, guys, for making me feel welcome.

I am thinking pugaree...that crimson one on the Cuenca looks nice.

$5 is a heckovadeal. Thanks much.

I should try to add a pic to my profile, once my Panama is blocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24