Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Bash

Ripper

Familiar Face
Hello, I am new here,I have been over at COW for years under a different name . I am more of a lurker here I am affraid. I was wondering what type of bash you prefer in your hats and why. Crow height would be good as well. I am in the process of buying a Camptown 1945 Fieldmaster and I am unsure of the bash I want. I like the center dent, but I am leaning towards the C- Crown. Any thoughts, pros or cons would be great. I know in the end it is just whatever I prefer.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
It's the indy site.

For me, the bash really depends on the hat. I like a nice hand done c-crown in really soft felt.

MattJH

One Too Many
I like sloppy, asymmetrical bashes. I just kind of punch the crown, pinch the front, and shove it on my head. I don't spend much time on it. I like the way it looks. Like you said, it's all personal preference.

Feraud

Bartender
Welcome Moonshine.
I also think the bash depends on the hat.
Wait until you have the hat in hand then "go with the flow". :)

As an aside, were center dents more an English favorite and the 'C' an American one?...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I would also have a look at some classic films and see if there is anything there you like. I would have a look at Casablanca, The Third Man, and Vertigo for a start. That should give you some ideas.

Good luck and welcome.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
For some excellent diamond bashes:

watch Sunset Boulevard and pause it on the scene where all the reporters are at the pool....

For cool center dents, watch the street scenes in the original King Kong.

Ripper

Familiar Face
I will watch some classic flics over the weekend for inspiration. Thank you for the warm welcome and the tips !

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Moonshine said:
OK.......what were the most popular hat bashes in the 30's and 40's ?

Diamond bashes and center creases were very popular, though I suppose you saw just about everything else in some degree.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Moonshine said:
Hello, I am new here,I have been over at COW for years under a different name . I am more of a lurker here I am affraid. I was wondering what type of bash you prefer in your hats and why. Crow height would be good as well. I am in the process of buying a Camptown 1945 Fieldmaster and I am unsure of the bash I want. I like the center dent, but I am leaning towards the C- Crown. Any thoughts, pros or cons would be great. I know in the end it is just whatever I prefer.

Hey there fellow Cow-poke! I've seen the pictures of the gray Camptown with the c-crown that was posted, and I thought it was pretty unique for a c-crown. It has class and character, plus a dash of adventure. For that, I would go for the c-crown in the Camptown.
NB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran