Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Store Images

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
DRB, I was born and raised in Cincinnati also (actually, Loveland). I was back there last weekend but was moving my Mom into a new apt. and didn't have time to stop in and see Gus. I did an interview with him last year and wrote a story for Tilley's Facebook page. He is one interesting guy!

DRB, I was born and raised in Cincinnati also (actually, Loveland). I was back there last weekend but was moving my Mom into a new apt. and didn't have time to stop in and see Gus. I did an interview with him last year and wrote a story for Tilley's Facebook page. He is one interesting guy!

I liked Loveland, my high school girlfriend's mom lived there, went down to visit quite a bit. you ever go to that pizza joint that had the pipe organ? it was pretty fun. I heard it burned down in the '90's.

so you work for Tilley's?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Newt at the Royal, Waikiki

DSC_7281.jpg

DSC_7284.jpg

DSC_7286.jpg

DSC_7295.jpg

Last edited:

T Rick

Practically Family
Yesterday, reported for Jury Duty at 7:45 AM. Lucky day I guess, it was a slow day. They didn't call one Juror (out of about 200 of us), and at about 11:30, they dismissed us all for the day. :D

Being only a few blocks from Henry The Hatter, I sort of had to drop by, y'know?

orig.jpg

What's this? 118th Anniversary sale. Uh-oh. Just planned to browse... Well, I suppose I'll see what bargains are on?

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

They had a lot of modern medium quality and lower end straws on sale, caps too. I ended up picking up an inexpensive black straw Fedora from Ecuador (just posted a pic in the WHAYWT thread), and a black Cappas 8/4 cap (Newsboy) in Linen. Will get pics of those up soon. Also, will be posting a cool find in The Cap Faction thread, a beauty from the 1920's, made here at Henry The Hatter's back in the 1920's, when they used to manufacture their own hats upstairs.

Here's one quick shot. I didn't end up shooting any more inside, was sidetracked by all the hats.... ;)

orig.jpg

Sorry for the mediore pics. I'd have a better camera by now if I didn't spend all my money on hats (and my other hobbies). Ah, but what fun would that be? :D

T Rick

Practically Family
Aloha, and Mahalo for the pics, D-Guy!

Likewise, T Rick. Did you make any purchases by chance?
Two lower cost hats (I edited the post and included mention of them, but no pics yet- I did just post this pic in the What Hat Are You Wearing Today thread).
orig.jpg

Will post more pics of them soon,

T Rick

Practically Family
Cool! While you're there, maybe you can pry some inside knowledge from the Major on the Stetson/Buckaroo Hatters/Fedorafest Stratothingamabob? You don't have to post it here for the masses, just PM me... :D.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I know I saw some pictures at the top of the page but here are my pictures of Batsakes and Gus Miller in Cincinnati, Ohio. I took the pictures when I stopped in last summer on my bike. DRB, I was born and raised there too.
DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0155-1.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

Last edited:

EggHead

Practically Family
So I happened to drive through a ghost town in Nevada - Virginia City. It turned out to be no so ghosty, but pretty touristy.
and I stumbled upon a hat maker there - Pascal Baboulin. A young frenchman who has been in business for 6 years. He has no web presence, but here is his email: baboulin@me.com (775) 847-9214

Here are some photos:

2j19xsj.jpg

5f3j0w.jpg

2la7nv6.jpg

2uhaet3.jpg

jqkjo3.jpg

Last edited:

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
For those folks who don't live near Ft. Worth and can't make it in to Peter Bros. here's some pics of the shop both back in the 1920's and currently. They all came from their website.
1920's:

oldstore11.jpg

oldstore21.jpg

Outside store front today:

PB_SIGN_21.jpg

Inside:

STORE231.jpg

STORE131.jpg

Oldsarge

One Too Many
Hmmm . . . Not pictures of the Village Hat Shop or of Artch. Sigh, I guess that means that after I get the iris beds all weeded out and replanted I'll need to make a road-trip-with-camera. Awww . . . whaddashame. :p

mercuryfelt76

One of the Regulars
Great thread. I really wanna take a couple more pictures of Lock & Co because although we have some lovely pictures of it already, there are a couple of little details which I think you would all find quite interesting.

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
I had another great visit at Buckaroo hatters today. Here are a few shots.
Mike and rocky rolling a brim on a plantation style hat.

003dqb.jpg

Mike showing me the Buckaroo he got from Neo.

004yjw.jpg

005inz.jpg

Working on a derby and western style.

006cq.jpg

013atk.jpg

A few of todays happy customers.

008asa.jpg

009jee.jpg

011kcj.jpg

014ffo.jpg

Fallon and I had on our fedoras!

012rbr.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, Neo and Rusty, for the pics. One of these days I'm going to make it down to Mike's. I haven't been to his new shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats