Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hat Worth? Is my Hat tradable with another?

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
Hi,

As I am getting more and more into the Victorian Era I would like to have some older or older styled hats and was wondering if you people think that
a Mint 2010 Caribou Stetson Whippet is worth enough to trade for a reasonably priced Silk Top hat (Any Decade)

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That would depend on what size you are and how lucky you are with Ebay. You're best bet would be to sell the Stetson in the forum here or on ebay and then begin looking for a top hat in your size. If you are larger than a 7 1/2 though you could be in for a very long search.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Thirty years plus of collecting here.

I don't do the Victorian gig any more but did once and I can tell you that you are looking at two different markets, if you want your best deal.
I'd agree with casechopper ... if you want to sell a modern dress hat, do that.

If you want to find a wearable silk top hat, get into the costuming arena. The two are very different.

Thanks to the Internet, it is easier to find actual silk hats you can wear, however that means everyone else can too, so you are bidding against the whole world.

Size will make a HUGE difference in the price, too.

It might be worth while to start working with costumers or clothing history sources to find the top hat.

Just a suggestion ...

Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner